June 4, 2020

Thankful Thursday

Wow. It's Thursday again. Already. For a year that has seen us sheltering at home for months, time still seems to be flying by. Just as I do every Thursday, I am linking up today with Rebecca Jo @ Knit By God's Hand for Thankful Thursday.

This week I am thankful... 

** My bible study group was able to meet in person for the first time since the stay-at-home orders went into effect in March. We didn't have a lesson, but shared a meal, communion, and simply celebrated and enjoyed being together again. So much hugging went on!

** The sonogram of Tim's heart was good. Our doctor was actually amazed by just how healthy his heart is and told him so. The next round of testing comes on Monday when he gets both a colonoscopy and an endoscopy. He had his Covid-19 test on Tuesday...a prerequisite for any invasive procedure at the moment.

** All of the storms of the last few days completely missed us. We were expecting the worst yesterday, but saw only a few sprinkles.

** For all of the entertainment options we have. I got hooked on Sweet Magnolias on Netflix this week. It is a very good show, but last night I watched what is the final episode. So far. I am really hoping there is going to be more than one season. Does anyone watch it? Has anyone heard? It ended on a tragic cliffhanger. The wait is going to KILL me! lol

** Mom and I were able to go to 3 garage sales last weekend, something we've always enjoyed doing. I came home with a trunk load of toys to keep at the house for the grands and I spent less than $25. Gotta love that! I hate spending huge amounts on toys that they so rapidly outgrow at these very young ages.

** The garden plants are doing well. I can't wait for all those fresh veggies...even though I have a pretty long wait at this point.

** That violence did not accompany the protest here in our small town and Tim has been able to skirt or miss the violence in Pittsburgh.

** God has it all under control. When the world seems to be falling apart and life as we know it is becoming a thing of the past, I am so glad that I can find peace in the fact God's got this. If He hasn't caused it, He's allowed it. His reasons may not make sense to me in the moment, but I trust it's all part of His perfect plan of redemption for mankind. I believe these times are a wake-up call for believers to come back to the Lord, to immerse ourselves in His Word, get on our knees in prayer, and share Him with EVERYONE.

** As always, for each one of you!

I have a job interview this morning on ZOOM. Just another part of the new normal, I guess. I can't decide if it's less or more stressful. Say a prayer for me, please? That I am what they are looking for and that the conditions of the job are what I am looking for (part-time, daylight hours with no weekends or holidays).

Have a blessed and thankful day!

16 comments:

  1. Definitely praying for you & your job hunt! Yep... Zoom is totally going to be the new future on a lot of things.
    PRAISE THE LORD Tim's heart looked good!That's always such a relief. Did he get his COVID test results or is there a wait?
    I HATE HATE HATE cliffhanger endings - especially when you dont even know if there's going to be a next season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No word on the Covid test but they said it could take 3-5 days.
      The cliffhanger and not knowing if there will be more of the show is killing me!

      Delete
  2. Yes, I have a zoom interview this afternoon, and I've given up being nervous over zoom or skype. It's part of life now, I guess.
    So glad Tim is doing well and the tests were encouraging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I hope your interview went well. I think mine did, but you know how it goes...wait and see.

      Delete
  3. That's great news in regards to Tim. I had a Zoom interview (gosh do I ever look awful!) for a major company in Chattanooga, and when asked about here in NY, they asked me to reapply once the shutdown is over with (NY is still shutdown! The King hasn't lifted the order yet). Or I would be quarantined for 2 weeks. SO THAT IS THE FACTS OF LIFE here in NY.

    BLM is going to be allowed to protest here tomorrow in our little town. Outside agitators, yep, read that right. My son and hubby, "Would love to see this/that." Oh no, your not. Just my thoughts. Dangerous, very dangerous.

    Keeping you all in prayer, Stacy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, that is a bummer. How much would it suck to get a new job and be all ready to start your new life and then get quarantined again?

      Delete
  4. Love your list and I stopped and prayed about the job Stacy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cathy. I appreciate it. It's a wait and see thing as they interview others.

      Delete
  5. I lifted a prayer for you for a successful interview! It is great that your Bible study group got together. Our community group is still zooming. Just not the same. I am thankful for you, Stacy!! One day we just have to meet in person!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I would love to meet you in person. Praying life returns to normal one of these days so things like that can happen.

      Delete
  6. After the fact, but I've lifted prayers that yours was a successful interview! That's awesome news about Tim's heart and I'll continue to pray for his procedures on Monday. What an ordeal!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love everything about this post! Love you and your attitude most of all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw...you just made my day. Thank you sweet lady!

      Delete
  8. How great that you got together with your Bible study group. Some of our girls are getting together and a few of us are not ready a meet up yet. Hopefully in a couple of weeks. My husband is diabetic so we don't want to take any chances when the numbers are still going up. Glad found some toys for the grands. I have found some like that too. Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! I agree that if there are health concerns you should take precautions.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. Your comments mean a lot to me and I try to answer them as soon as I can.

Moving Day

Hey everyone, I launched my new blog home today. Nothing fancy...just a little more me, I hope. Come visit me! In My Shoes