June 3, 2020

Making Peace with the Wednesday Hodgepodge

From this Side of the Pond
Click image to visit site.


1. What's something you could do today to feel more peaceful?  

Spend more time with the Lord (prayer, reading my Bible), walk away from social media, read, and (love her, but...) avoid my daughter who gets extremely worked up over everything and then brings it to me.

2. June 2nd is National Rotisserie Chicken day. Who knew? Are you a fan of rotisserie chicken? You've purchased one at your local market for tonite's dinner. Will you serve as is or make something else using the chicken?  


I do like rotisserie chicken and have learned you can make a reasonable facsimile at home by sitting a chicken up in a bundt pan to roast it. That said, more often than not we eat it as is, but I also will use a rotisserie bird when I have a recipe that calls for shredded chicken or pre-cooked chicken.

3. I read a list recently (go here to read more) of 20 of the most beautiful places in America. How many of these have you seen up close and in person? Of the sites on this list that you haven't seen, which would you most like to see?

Antelope Canyon Arizona, Kenai Fjords Alaska, White Mountains New Hampshire, Crater Lake Oregon, The Palouse Washington and Idaho, Grand Prismatic Spring Wyoming, Multnomah Falls and Columbia River Gorge Oregon, Horsehoe Bend Arizona, Na Pali Coast Kauai Hawaii, Antelope Valley California, Lake Tahoe California, The Berkshires Massachussets, Maroon Bells Colorado, Angel Oak South Carolina, Acadia National Park Maine, Grand Teton National Park Wyoming, Turnip Rock Michigan, Central Park New York City, Niagara Falls New York, and Skagit Valley Tulip Fields Washington


I've only seen three of those, I think...the Bershires, Acadia National Park, and Niagara Falls. As for which I'd like most to see...ALL OF THEM!

4. What's one pretty spot you'd add to the list in question #3? Are there travel plans of any kind on your calendar right now? Does that make you happy, anxious, excited, sad, or relieved?


I would add a beach to the list. It doesn't matter which one. I don't see how the list is complete with out some shoreline.  As for my calendar, it's empty when it comes to traveling. I don't think it's a good idea to do any traveling right now because of how they keep talking about a resurgence of the virus...I'm kind of expecting them to put us back in lock down at some point. That makes me sad. The only traveling I expect to do is driving north at some point to meet my biological father, who is home in PA for the summer. That makes me excited, anxious and probably a few other things!

5. Tell us one un-COVID related thing you're looking forward to in the month of June.  


Finally getting to use my Christmas present from Tim. He gave me a gift certificate for a premium car detailing and I put off using it because of the winter weather, then that thing I'm not supposed to mention happened. The place is finally open again for business and I have an appointment for the 15th. My poor baby neeeeeds it so much!

6. Insert your own random thought here.


Still no word on the pool. On Monday they said maybe it would be delivered Thursday, but then it will sit until the installer can get to us. 

My bible study group got together last night for the first time since everything started. We didn't have a lesson, but shared a meal, had communion, and hugged the stuffing out of each other. It was amazing!

Please pray for our niece. She needs to leave her husband because he is using Meth and they have 2 small children. I don't understand everything, but the reason she hasn't yet has to do with the law in their state. And now, she has suddenly lost the hearing in one ear. The doctors don't know why. They are running a few tests. If those don't find anything they will do an MRI to see if she has a tumor. 

It's going to be warm and muggy here today with a good chance of strong storms late this afternoon. Praying they aren't too bad and that they bypass us.

19 comments:

  1. How wonderful that your group finally got to see each other again. It has felt a little strange to be able to visit again. I think it will take a little getting used to!
    I will keep your niece in my prayers. What a terrible situation to find herself in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the prayers and yes, it did feel strange getting together last night with the group, but oh so good, too!

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you got to visit with and hug your friends. We still have to meet up outside and keep 2m apart and only 6 at a time. It's hard but then you hear stories of people like your niece and are reminded how fortunate we are really. I hope her situation gets resolved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. You sound like my mom. Whenever things are a bit messed up in the family she always comments about looking around at the world and being glad that by comparison we are a nice, normal, boring family.

      Delete
  3. Prayers for your niece.

    I hope the pool comes soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely praying for your niece. That's so scary. I can't imagine losing function of something in just a blink of an eye.
    COME ON WITH THAT POOL PEOPLE! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I hate to say it, but my first thought was to wonder if he'd hit her or something. I hope not.

      Delete
  5. Hope you can get the pool soon. That's going to be so nice for you. Will pray for your niece.

    ReplyDelete
  6. First, praying boldly for your niece and her little ones! I was hoping to enjoy a mini vacation this summer, but nope. Neither of us are entirely at ease with the way things are going. How wonderful it will be to finally meet your bio dad face-to-face; does he or your half-siblings read your blog?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was the general opinion at bible study last night. No one is going anywhere. Some even cancelled vacations that were already planned. No, my bio-dad doesn't read the blog, nor do my half-sibs. I have always kept family away from the blog and will continue to do so.

      Delete
  7. Praying first for your niece and her family, and for her hearing, and her safety. Praying also for your visit with your biological father. Will this be the first time you've met him? Praying it will be a wonderful blessing for both of you. So happy you could meet with your Bible Study group. That sounds wonderful. I am looking forward to getting back to church. We are starting to meet up with friends from church for lunch at a local restaurant, and that is helping, but we are hungry for worship together. Praying no bad storms come your way, and I hope you get the pool up and full soon!! God bless you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for all the prayer coverage, Pamela. I really do appreciate it. Yes, this will be a first meeting. We haven't set a date, but I am looking forward to it.

      Delete
  8. I will be praying for your niece. That sounds scary and everything heavy feels extra heavy right now. I'm excited for your summer meet up with your biological father. I will add that to my prayers too. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for all the prayers, Joyce. Yes, everything good and bad just seems to be....extra, somehow, right now.

      Delete
  9. Putting your niece on my prayer list, Stacy. Scary stuff. Hope the pool is delivered and the installer won't be far behind! I enjoyed your answers to this week's Hodgepodge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Terri. I appreciate your prayers very much.

      Delete
  10. I will keep your niece in prayer. I am late posting but I made it with lots of pictures. I hope you get your pool soon, stay cool!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. Your comments mean a lot to me and I try to answer them as soon as I can.

Moving Day

Hey everyone, I launched my new blog home today. Nothing fancy...just a little more me, I hope. Come visit me! In My Shoes