July 19, 2020

Sunday Stealing: More From Facebook

Thanks to our hostess, Bev, for another week of fun questions. You can play along with Sunday Stealing here.

More questions from Facebook

1. What's your favorite movie from your childhood and why?  Bednobs and Broomsticks. The mix of live action and animation seemed pretty magical at the time and the scene where Angela Lansbury finally masters the spell for "substitutiary locomotion" and brings an army of suits of armor to life to fight the Germans is still pretty darn cool!

2. What is home to you?  Home is where the people and things I love best are. It's were I feel the most comfortable and safe.

3. Do you get emotionally invested in stories? (I'm asking about movies, books, tv shows, whatever medium you like your stories in.)  Once in a while, but usually terribly deeply. Mostly I'm just entertained and move on, but every once in a while there is one that really speaks to the heart.

4. What is the most physical damage you've ever received without needing medical intervention (so no stitches or splints or anything)?  I guess a broken toe. I can't think of anything else.

5. How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?  I don't know. How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

6. Do you have any obsessions? Like Tv shows, or cats or something. Not addictions.  Books. Journals. Planners. New pens. Stickers. Thrifting.

7. What question or question would you like God to answer?  What is the line someone has to cross to make Him give up on the person. It says in the Bible that we can be removed from the book of life so there must be a limit to what He will let us do. I ask out of concern for loved ones and friends that don't know the Lord or have turned away.

8. Do you bite your nails?  Sometimes. I used to bite them all the time. Now it's usually an indicator of stress.

9. What do you like about the place you live, I mean your housing, apt, house, mobile home, etc.  It's home. We've been here for 26 years. We raised our kids here. My mom lives behind us. Our daughter lives beside us. It's the neighborhood I grew up in and many of the same neighbors are still around. All of our memories and stuff are here. I'm comfortable here.

10. What do you like about the city or town where you live?  It's a pretty diverse area with a lot of different entertainment and cultural opportunities for being a small town. It's a beautiful area and we aren't far some wonderful natural areas.

11. Is there one place you have visited that you wish you could live there?  Chincoteague Island, Virginia.

12. What's your favorite cookie to snack on?  Homemade chocolate chip.

13. Are you a Apple person or PC type person and why?  We used Apple computers in college way back in the early 80's and they were such a pain and so easy to mess up. I just didn't like them and I guess the prejudice has stuck with me. And in all honesty, it's what I'm used to and I'm getting old enough that I don't want to learn a new way of doing things.

14. What's your favorite things about the Zoo?  The animals? Isn't that kind of the point of going to the zoo? Or are we asking what my favorite animal at the zoo is? If so, I love kangaroos!

15. Did you grow up in the country, city or small town and what did you like about it (or hate about it if you didn’t like it?)  I spent some time in both the country and small towns when I was growing up, but I definitely identify as a country girl. My best memories were made in the country.

16. What kinds of things were you into and do when you were growing up?  Running wild in and exploring the woods, reading, sports, writing, and drawing.

17 .Do you enjoy receiving letters or postcards more, and why?  I do and I'm tickled that my newly found biological father and half-sister are both letter writers! Before them, it had been years since I had gotten a real letter in the mail. Letters are so cool because people are more invested in them...they share more and go deeper. They also say that someone thinks you are worth taking that much time for.

18. Do or did you know any of your great-grandparents? Tell me about them.  Two of my great-grandmothers were still around when I was very young. I have vague impressions of them, but that's it. I suspect that any deeper "memory" I have, would be more that I've heard the family stories so often that my brain thinks it remembers.

19. Do you like to be outdoors? What is your favorite thing to do there?  I do like to be outdoors. My favorite things (when my leg allows me) are walking and gardening.

20. Have you ever broken a bone or been badly injured?  I've broken a toe or two, but that's it.

23 comments:

  1. I always wanted to go to Chincoteague to see the horses.

    I loved visiting Australia and staying with a friend because we saw lots of wild kangaroos and that was always great fun. Also went to a park where you could walk around with the roos and feed them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kangaroos are very awesome, particularly the Eastern Greys (the big red ones are stroppy) My mum has visiting kangaroos in her front yard. They are very cool (thought my favourite local animals are the wombat and the platypus - look them up)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, my goodness. I'd love having kangaroos in the yard! I do think wombats are sort of cute and platypus are just kind of a unique thing, aren't they?

      Delete
  3. I can understand loving the country but I magine the American countryside is a little different to that of the UK. I've only ever visited cities in America - with the exception of Alaska where we stopped off at small towns. I would imagine that such places aren't typical of the US though.

    o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never actually been to Alaska, but I think you're right about the small towns...probably not terribly typical, though some similarities.

      Delete
  4. I enjoyed your answers, Stacy. Hope you have a beautiful day, friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda! It's been really, really hot and humid and after yesterday's big party we're all just kind of laying low today.

      Delete
  5. Fun answers. It is great to get to know you better. That is so neat that you live so near to your mother and daughter. Have a good Sunday. See you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deb! I grew up in this neighborhood and I've always had family right nearby. It used to be my grandmother, my cousins and my aunt and uncle.

      Delete
  6. I loved your answers, especially #17.
    Have a great Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I downloaded an app on my phone that makes postcards out of my photos--I love sending postcards randomly to my friends now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am with you on the Apple computers. I might enjoy them if I had learned on them, but I didn't same as my phone, it is android...it is what I am used to. I didn't really think about what kind of computers we were on in college. I felt like we had to program those though. I hated it. Loved your answers! Have a nice day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had Mac's and we did have to program them. Ugh. What a pain that was. I love the ease of Windows.

      Delete
  9. you found your bio dad??? I just have to hear more! I'm adopted and wish I could locate any family. Leeanna at not afraid of color

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved your answers and love that you are connecting with your biological family. Re:great grandparents, I never knew any of them and am now researching them on Ancestry. It is interesting to see where everyone was and how many people were in our larger extended family. Wish I could somehow meet them...maybe in heaven. I love receiving letters and cards, but am not real good about sending them anymore. That is quickly becoming a lost art, and I am to blame for relying too much on electronics to communicate. I use a PC, never liked APPLE, but I do have an Apple I phone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do find some pretty interesting stuff out when you go looking in the past (good and bad). I was thrilled when my brother told me that through my father's people I'm descended from Miles Standish, because on my mom's side we go straight back to John and Priscilla Alden. Very cool to find out I'm twice descended from the Mayflower!

      Delete
  11. I think letter writing needs to make a come-back. I'm glad you're writing letters to your newfound family?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Christmas cards should come back, too...though I don't send those, but that's because no one sends them to me. Yes, I do write to my family. We write big long letters.

      Delete
  12. That's wonderful that you have re-connected with your biological dad and your half-sister! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lots of questions for us yesterday. It was a fun Sunday Stealing and I enjoyed your answers, Stacy! We both feel the same about where home is. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. Your comments mean a lot to me and I try to answer them as soon as I can.

Moving Day

Hey everyone, I launched my new blog home today. Nothing fancy...just a little more me, I hope. Come visit me! In My Shoes