July 14, 2020

Tuesday 4: Cozy Moments

I'm linking up with Annie for the Tuesday 4 today. This weeks questions are about "cozy moments."

1. How would you describe a perfect evening at home?  It would be a fall or winter evening with a fire in the pellet stove, the family would be here for dinner and conversation, the grandkids would be charming us all, maybe we'd play a game.
 

2. Have you had a perfect evening lately? How did it go?  No, can't say that we've had a perfect evening lately. My hubby's always tired and off to bed early, our daughter has been worked up and grousing about some things, the heat was getting to everyone, and last night involved bringing the new washer home and setting it up which led to destroying the house...it was not a "perfect" evening. Too many bad moods.
 

3. Do you watch TV every night or have a set time to view TV?
What programs do you watch or do you listen to music?
  The TV is on every evening, but I'm not always watching. Most of the time Tim goes off to bed and leaves it on and I just don't bother changing the channel or turning it off. At the moment I'm watching Yellowstone now and then and a random movie here and there. That's about it.
 

4. Are cozy evenings different in Fall/Winter than in Spring/Summer?  Absolutely! I love evenings in the Fall and Winter. They are just more cozy no matter what else is going on. 

24 comments:

  1. I think it is hard to have cozy evenings in the summer...too much going on, or too hot to participate. Sounds like you had a LOT going on. A new washer is fun once it is settled in and ready to go. But I know any kind of change in the house can be disruptive until it is over and out and cleaned up! Hope tonight is better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The change over isn't quite done...hopefully tomorrow. At least it was cooler and we're in better moods tonight.

      Delete
  2. Yeah, I think this heat and political scene is really bothering a lot of folks. I better leave it at that, sigh.

    Do try to have a nicer day, friend. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have a better night. Hot weather and lack of sleep will get the best of us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is for sure! It was a better day, thanks.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed your answers.
      Hope things are back to normal
      with the new washer and you have
      a better night tonight.
      Have a great Tuesday.

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Gloria. Yes, things are a little more normal tonight, though Tim still has to get the dryer put into place. At least it was cooler today and moods are better.

      Delete
  5. I, too, love autumn and winter I am much more inclied to read then!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have TV on each evening too. I always semi-watch...jumping up and down to do things and either on my iPad or crocheting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Semi-watch. Yes! That's exactly what I do.

      Delete
  7. I LOVE Yellowstone! Such a good show. We thought we had lost access to it when we dropped Sling, but they added it to YouTube TV and I am so happy. Loved your answers! Have a nice Tuesday!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to watch the old ones and get caught up. I have to watch those on Peacock...which I've never heard of but apparently we get it for free through Comcast.

      Delete
  8. Oooo a cozy night with a fire to curl up to! Yes!! Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Except when we're going out, our TV stays on all day/night. I think it began back in 2013 when Tom was going through the cancer -- he was prone to panic attacks, but the 'boob tube' helped distract him from dark thoughts. As long as it's not turned too high I'm usually able to ignore it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that has something to do with why it's always on at my daughter's and turned up very loud. It's a distraction. With Tim, it's a habit. If he walks in the house he turns it on first thing...even if he isn't going to sit and watch it. When he wakes up in the morning the first thing he does is turn it on...even though he's going to go get a shower and get ready for work.

      Delete
  10. "Cozy" has a different meaning in Florida, I think. Comfortable might be a better word for us! I enjoyed your answers and am sorry for the bad moods. Hope everyone is feeling better today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are right. Cozy is not really something you want in Florida!

      Delete
  11. I am so with you on loving the fall!! I.can't. wait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The magazines aren't helping. They are starting to show me fall stuff!

      Delete
  12. You know we disagree - I love me some nights in summer so I can stay outside :) LOL & I know you love fall & winter to snuggle inside .... I will give it to you that being around a fire inside is nice.
    The heat is getting to everyone here too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Summer is fine...till it's too summery. Like anything over 90 is waaaay too hot! Especially if it comes with humidity. Humidity is worse than the temperature.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. Your comments mean a lot to me and I try to answer them as soon as I can.

Moving Day

Hey everyone, I launched my new blog home today. Nothing fancy...just a little more me, I hope. Come visit me! In My Shoes