August 14, 2020

Saturday 9: Who Are You?

Saturday 9: Who Are You? (1977)


Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This song, originally recorded by The Who, was the theme of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, which ran from 2000 to 2015. Did you watch it? Were you a fan?  I saw a few episodes, but never turned into a fan. I'm thinking it was either on after I went to bed in those go-to-bed-early-get-up-before-dawn days of driving a school bus or Tim didn't want to watch it. He usually has control of the remote in the evenings for the short time between when he gets home and when he goes to bed.

2) When the show premiered, Gil Grissom (William Petersen) was the CSI team's supervisor. Gil's mother was deaf, and so he was fluent in American Sign Language. Can you communicate using ASL?   No. Back in college I taught myself some and had friends who were studying it. I wouldn't say we were fluent, but we could communicate basic things that way. I just haven't used it at all in over 36 years.

3) His assistant is blood-splatter analyst Catherine Willows (Marg Helgenberger). Catherine's family moved often, which made it hard for her to get traction in her studies. She finally just dropped out of high school. She later got her GED, and even graduated from college. Have you ever considered going back to school?  I did actually take some seminary classes several years ago. It had taken me a long time to get there and I wasn't thrilled with the teaching or the emphasis and I think God had removed the calling to be a minister...at least an official one.  If there was something I really wanted to do I'd still be open to it.
 
4) Though set in Las Vegas, most of CSI was filmed in Santa Clarita, CA. Santa Clarita is also home to Six Flags Magic Mountain amusement park. Do you enjoy roller coasters?  I used to, but the last time I rode one I was in pain the whole time. All that bumping and jerking around did a number on my neck and back. Folks with degenerative disk disease and arthritis should skip such rides.


5) The vocalist on the CSI theme, Roger Daltry of the Who, made a cameo appearance on the show during season 7. Do you have a favorite Who song?



6) CSI became a franchise, followed by CSI: Miami and CSI: New York. If we could organize a Saturday 9 field trip, which of these CSI cities would you prefer we visit: Las Vegas, Miami or New York?  None of them are terribly high on my list of places to go so I'd enjoy a field trip to any of them. They all have interesting things to see and do.

7) In 2000,
the last original Peanuts comic strip was published. How many Peanuts characters can you name?  Charlie Brown, Sally, Lucy, Linus, Pig Pen, Schroder, Violet, Peppermint Patty, Marcie, Franklin, Frieda, Snoopy, Woodstock...

8) Also in 2000, media giant Time Warner merged with America Online, the email provider. It's estimated that 74% of us check our email at least once/day. Are you one of the 74%?  Usually.

9) Random question -- Did you more recently cut and paste, or delete?  I deleted a couple of times getting this done.


Thanks to Crazy Sam for the Saturday 9 questions!
You can join in the fun here.

Today is my birthday and Tim and I are off to have a nice day.
I will get to your posts as soon as I can.

14 comments:

  1. You know, I haven't tried a roller coaster in years and maybe I wouldn't enjoy them as much as I recall. I recently spent 7 hours in the car (to and fro) and it was soooooo hard on my back. Much worse than I expected. I guess I have to accept this getting older thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Wishes for a beautiful day, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Havea wonderful birthday! HA, IM with you, on roller coasters for me...I cant believe I couldnt think of Woodstock!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday, Stacy ..... and happy (fiscal) New Year, too! Hope you and Tim have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pinball Wizard! I like that one too! Happy birthday, Stacy!!! Loved your answers! Have a great day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. "bumping and jerking around did a number on my neck and back" same here and add to that my glasses went flying off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh lord, I'd be in bad shape if I lost the glasses! I can't see worth crap without them.

      Delete
  7. I hope you have a very happy birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. My choice of songs was also Pinball Wizard. These are always fun. Happy birthday and I hope you and Tim have a great day out and about. Please tell us about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday. I also picked Pinball Wizard

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday! Your reason for not liking rollercoasters is my reason, too. The last time I rode some kind of ride, it about threw both me and my husband into the hospital with strains, sprains, and aches and pains! So we stay away from stuff like that now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you are having a Happy Birthday! Loved your answers. I'm not a big ride fan especially if it spins or goes upside down or too fast. I have terrible motion sickness so not a good idea for me! What Seminary were you taking classes from? Just wondering. Pinball Wizard was a good song. I guess I didn't think of it being the "Who". LOL. Happy Birthday! Good Night.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Belated Birthday! I hope you had a lovely evening.
    The CSI things were just sort of TMI for me, since I'm going through so much "Forensic Science" myself.
    Roller coasters are just too scary for me. With you on that one! And you remembered a lot of the CB characters. they were really cute.. Have a very nice week, Stacy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. Your comments mean a lot to me and I try to answer them as soon as I can.

Moving Day

Hey everyone, I launched my new blog home today. Nothing fancy...just a little more me, I hope. Come visit me! In My Shoes