September 23, 2020

Falling Into the Hodgepodge

This beautiful fall day finds me linking up with Joyce @ From This Side of the Pond for the Wednesday Hodgepodge.

1. It's fall y'all. What's something you love about this season and also something you don't?  Hmm...fall is my favorite time of year. I love everything about it, even the shorter days as I like the cozy evenings inside with heartier meals, candlelight, fires on the hearth, and snuggly blankets. I'd guess the only thing I don't like about it is that it isn't longer.

2. When you think of the colors of fall, which one is your favorite? Is there somewhere you could easily day trip to see the leaves in all their glory? Will you?  The whole rainbow of fall colors are my favorite. My house is done in shades of brown, pumpkin spice, sage, red, and gold. I guess if I have to choose just one it would be orange. Yes, I can easily enjoy the leaves in all their glory. I live on the edge of Pennsylvania's Laurel Highlands...nature is everywhere! I will also be traveling to visit my father in the northern part of the state next month and it should be peak fall foliage time.




3. What's one thing you've let 'fall' by the wayside during this season of staying home and staying away?  Getting enough exercise. I have become such a couch potato.

4. If you're wearing a sweater is it most likely a cardigan, crew neck, v-neck, or zip up hoodie?
  If it's an actual sweater, it's most likely a cardigan these days. When I was younger and thinner I lived in pullover crew neck sweaters and turtle necks. Actually, these days I'm more likely to be wearing fleece.

5. What's your secret to dealing with change?  No secret. Prayer works wonders.

6.  Insert your own random thought here.
  The beginning words of 2 Timothy 4:5 are speaking to me lately as the world seems to be coming apart at the seams. Paul admonishes, 

But you, keep your head in all situations.

No matter what is swirling around us, if we keep our eyes on the Lord and ground our hearts and minds in His Word we won't be shaken. We can rest assured that God is in control.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Stacy, I just did my post too. I am glad you can meet up with your father again. You will have to share some of your fall pictures. Yes I agree, knowing that God is in control gives us peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your response to #6. In fact, that verse reminds me of my father's daily admonition: "Keep your wits about you." It's sure hard to get up and out to exercise when the season begs us to nest. Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That photo is so gorgeous, I can't even imagine seeing something like that in person. I love the shorter days and all the coziness of fall too. I've joined you in becoming a couch potato as well. I guess we are making it through this year however we can!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love that picture! Is tht for real near you? So beautiful. We left PA when I was only 5 and so I don't remember much about it, but I've seen pictures of the Clarion River in full fall foliage. (We lived in Clarion), and it was so beautiful. I would love to come back there in the fall and see it again. I do hope you will take pictures when you go up "north" to visit your Father. I love that verse you shared...how apropos for our current situation. I prefer fleece to actual sweaters. Or flannel. I love flannel shirts and use one like a sweater over my t shirts most of the time during chilly days. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed your answers. God's Truth is the best place to dig into every day and these days I don't know how people can ignore it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, why didn't I say that couch potato thing for #3!! Totally a couch potato! Your #6 speaks truth. Amen!! Loved your Hodgepodge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. Your comments mean a lot to me and I try to answer them as soon as I can.

Moving Day

Hey everyone, I launched my new blog home today. Nothing fancy...just a little more me, I hope. Come visit me! In My Shoes