September 24, 2020

Thankful Thursday

Linking up with Rebecca Jo @ Knit By God's Hand to give some thanks to the Lord on this Thankful Thursday!

This week I am thankful...

** our daughter's family is on the mend after all of them catching whatever virus (not Covid-19) is going around.

** we celebrated our daughter and son-in-law's 3rd anniversary yesterday. They've been together much longer than that and it's such a joy to see the wonderful life they have built together.

** to be free right now to spend 2 hours with the Lord first thing each morning.

** for those who speak peace and reason in these days.

** I heard from my half-sister yesterday. She is going to meet up with us at our father's home next month on her way to visit her half-brother. I am excited to see her again and it will be the first time she gets to meet any of my family.

** all the pretty new fall and winter clothes I ordered have arrived. Love the deep rich purple and wine red colors that are so popular this year. Now I just need some cooler weather.

** we got the pool closed up for the winter.

** our son actually posted something that was reasonable and well thought out instead of being a stream of vile hatred...something I could actually click "Like" on. Still no contact with him but it's something.

** that I waited to start watching NCIS on Netflix because I don't know how y'all have done it all these years. I mean, every season ends with a heart-in-your-throat cliffhanger. It would kill me if I had to wait a whole summer to find out what happens.

** I'm starting to see touches of color in the trees. Just a bit here and there, but it means that glorious explosion of God's artistry will soon be here.

** for Aldi's. I bought a beef brisket last week and made like Mrs. Wolowitz (Big Bang Theory reference). I'd never cooked one before so I followed the instructions on the wrapping. I put it on a baking sheet, put a pan of water under it in the oven, cooked it at 250 degrees for two hours, then wrapped it in foil and cooked it for another four hours. Oh my word. So good!

** I've spent a lot less time looking at Facebook and I don't miss it.

** as always, for each one of you!

*Pray for safety and peace to reign as protests pop up all over the country in response to the results of the Breonna Taylor trial.

8 comments:

  1. I honestly steer clear of Facebook a lot lately too. I have mine set to where nothing but the Christian accounts I follow are the top things I see. It's nice.
    Love you have that free time in the morning.
    I need to order some new fall / winter clothes - just in CASE I go back to the office - lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. That beef brisket sounds good. I may have to hit up our Aldi's and pick one up. I know what you mean on NCIS. We've always watched it as it's been on over the years and the season cliffhangers always drove me crazy. We watched it this year on NetFlix too and when the cliffhangers came on, I usually made hubby watch the sequel, cause I couldn't even stand to wait a day or two. lol We're getting a few touches of color here too, can't wait for the full show!! (hey I guess this is God's Cliffhanger lol)
    Have a great day!



    ReplyDelete
  3. That brisket sounds sooo good. Thanks for the tip about NCIS. I've never watched it, but I'm so 'done' with MSM fare. Hope you'll model some of the new clothes for us? I love the colors you've chosen. Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am doing the same watching The Americans. I would hate to watch one season then have to wait all summer for the next. Watching one episode a night has been great and we still have 3 seasons to go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, you brisket sounds delicious! I may have to give that a try! I have Pinterest full of recipes I would like to try and then I never go there to find a new recipe to try. Crazy. I think I need to do something new at least twice a week and will be making that a priority. Happy anniversary to the kids and baby-steps with your son!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brisket is a favorite of many people in my part of the world. Mr D used to put one on the grill at night, let it cook all night and be ready for a family meal the next day. So good. It's wonderful you're going to see your sister and she will meet your family. That's exciting. Happy Anniversary to your daughter, it's wonderful that she is blessed with a great family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So much good stuff here. Would love to see your new clothes! the colors sound so pretty. I am happy you will get to be with your new family again soon. Sounds wonderful. So happy for you to be getting along with them. The brisket sounds really good. I've never tried to cook one before. I did cook a pot roast in the crock pot today and it turned out really good. Haven't had one that good and tender in years. Be sure to take lots of pictures when the leaves change. Happy Anniversary to your kids. Praying for your son. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You spend 2 hours with the Lord each morning?! That's so cool. I usually get 30 minutes, then it's time to get ready for work. I just can't wake up any earlier, I've tried so many times over the years.

    That's so exciting that you get to see your half sister! My half sister lives in L.A. and the last time we saw each other was in 2018. I hope you have a wonderful visit!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. Your comments mean a lot to me and I try to answer them as soon as I can.

Moving Day

Hey everyone, I launched my new blog home today. Nothing fancy...just a little more me, I hope. Come visit me! In My Shoes