September 22, 2020

Tuesday 4: Cleaning Up

Welcome to Tuesday 4 where we offer 4 questions of topics for you to discuss each week. Begun by Toni Taddeo, we keep it in her honor.

This week's topic is your home routines.

1. What laundry products do you like to use or find best for you?  I use Tide HE with Downy fabric softener scent, Clorox bleach, Shout, and Downy dryer sheets.

2.Dryer, line or combination of both?
  Mostly dryer, but I do hang a few things on the shower rod and in the summer I will hang out throw rugs, towels, and sheets.

3. Do you have wood floors or carpeting and which is best?
  I have both and frankly, I'd choose tile that looks like wood, which I have in the bathroom and love.

4. Housekeeping professionals give the following guidelines. Which do you follow? Do you have better ideas?

1. open windows first  I don't do that very often.
2. clear up clutter before cleaning.
  I do this.
3. start in bedrooms first
  No. I usually start in the living room. It's the one company will see first.
4. give cleaning products time to work.
  It depends on what I'm cleaning.
5. Always sweep or vacuum before mopping
  Always.
6. use a toothbrush for hard to get at areas
  Yep.
7. keep things on a central cart if you can
  A cleaning cart? This isn't the Hilton.
8. dust everything
  Yes.
9. vacuum your furniture often, mattresses once a month or so.
  Yes to the furniture, rarely on the mattress.

No better tips here. Martha Stewart, I am not.

12 comments:

  1. I didn't do this meme because my cleaning routine is very boring and sporadic at best. The older I get the less I do. I'm thinking of hiring someone at least once a month to do a more thorough job for us, as we can't really do the vacuuming and mopping like we should. We do have company coming this weekend, so I guess I need to get up and away from this computer and do some cleaning. "Martha Stewart, I am not", definitely NOT me either! And we rarely can open our windows...either too hot or too humid most of the time. Have a blessed and beautiful first day of Autumn!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use Tide HE and Shout also.
    We have vinyl flooring that looks like wood
    in our main bathroom, I love it too.
    I loved your comments today.
    Have a good Tuesday my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, love the faux barn wood ceramic tile; so much easier to keep clean. (She says while looking around guiltily.) 🙄 Have a great day, Stacy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, I'm no Martha either. I enjoyed your answers, Stacy. Have a beautiful day, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I start in the bathrooms. I always want to get those over with as quickly as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're planning to get tile that looks like wood for our home. Much easier when you own a dog if they should happen to have an accident.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to get the tile that looks like wood. Tile is so much easier to clean. I am no Martha Stuart cleaner either, but I am the crafter. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I start with the bedroom every morning, open the window and get things picked up and beds made. Then the rest of the house. I really like housework though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Martha Stewart I am not, either! I have never vacuumed a mattress! I answered #7 the same way! LOL Fun answers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gosh, opening the window threw me. We never open the window unless we are going to clean them which isnt very often! YIkes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like our tile floors too, they are so easy to clean.
    My Granie used to vacuum her mattress...I do not know why. I just wash my mattress pad. Loved your answers! Have a nice week!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. Your comments mean a lot to me and I try to answer them as soon as I can.

Moving Day

Hey everyone, I launched my new blog home today. Nothing fancy...just a little more me, I hope. Come visit me! In My Shoes