October 26, 2020

Currently in Latrobe

I am...

Reading...just finished 2 Corinthians and will move into Galatians next. Lighter reading finds me still in Snow Angel Season by Emily March, though I have moved into the second story in the book.

Watching...Criminal Minds. With NCIS done for now, I had to move on to something and this is my genre. The only thing I don't like is that Criminal Minds lacks the layer of humor that NCIS has that softens the dark content.

Listening to...Neil Diamond, thanks to Alexa. Heard Sweet Caroline on TV the other day and it became an ear worm and the worm became a desire to hear all his music.

Feeling thankful...Tim's procedure went well on Friday. He was in a good bit of pain on Friday (he refuses to take pain meds other than Tylenol or Ibuprofen). It's not hard to imagine why. Though he was numbed for the procedure, it involved injecting super heated water vapor (steam) into the excess/enlarged cells of the prostate to kill them. It took four injections. The pain is gone now, but he's a bit uncomfortable as he has to deal with a Foley catheter until Friday. He did little but sleep Friday, Saturday, and Sunday so he was ready to head back to work today. He had the doctor's blessing as long as he doesn't do any lifting or exert himself too much. We'll find out how things are going Friday morning, though it takes a few weeks to get a total picture as the process works over time as the dead cells are eliminated as the body heals.

Loving...that fall weather is here to stay. Our high temps are to be in the 50's all week. Well, except for Friday. We're not supposed to get out of the 40's then. No snow in our forecast yet, even though a couple of nights are going to be cold enough.

Looking forward to...Colton's coming over this afternoon for a movie date. I think we're going to watch Hocus Pocus or maybe Ernest, Scared Stupid.

Thinking...about finishing this up and making a run to Walmart for a few things we need before the movie date.

Praying...for the confirmation of Judge Amy Coney Barrett and the upcoming elections. Lord, let us remember that YOU are in control and that no matter what happens You either caused it or allowed it. It will all benefit Your plan. Please let those of us who call ourselves Christians remember to conduct ourselves according to Your teachings. May our speech and actions always be seasoned with the love You have commanded we have for one another.

Celebrating...I don't really celebrate Halloween, but I do enjoy the excitement and joy of the kids when it comes to wearing costumes and going trick-or-treating. We are fortunate that most things except parades are taking place as usual this year.

The weather...Breezy, gray, rain moving in later today with a high of 58 degrees (the warmest day of the week!).

Something to laugh at...





























That's all for today. Be blessed, smile at others, and have a wonderful week, friends!

15 comments:

  1. Glad things are going well for your hubby! Okay some of your jokes cracked me up. Had to laugh at the cameraman one...lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure it was an accident at the time, but talk about perfect, eh?

      Delete
  2. I'm on season 2 of Criminal Minds. I enjoy it although at times it really scares me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I admit to peeking from behind a pillow at times! NCIS dealt with the same dark subjects, but that crew was always laughing and joking. The Criminal Minds team is always serious. They never lighten things up.

      Delete
  3. Tim's procedure gives me the 'willies' ... poor guy. I've been on pins and needles re. Amy Coney Barrett. Oh, were I to have even half her poise and composure! Great memes you've chosen, particularly the cameraman. :) Hope you had a fun time with the Colton-man!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tim's doing pretty good today and get off those pins and needles...Barrett is in! Woohoo! Big win! Yes, had fun with Colton. We watched Hocus Pocus. :)

      Delete
  4. So glad that Tim came through his procedure fine, even though it sounds pretty awful to me. Praying the results are all good. Love all your silly memes at the end. Hope your movie date went well this afternoon. Sounds like so much fun. What a blessing! And that fall weather! Wow! That would be nice. It's been too hot here this week so far. I am ready for some cooler weather NOW!! That cameraman joke got me too! Funny!! True, but funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he'd agree that it was awful, but even so, I believe he'd choose it again over the traditional surgery. He'd still be in the hospital at this point if he'd gone that way. Colt and I had a great movie date! The leaves are nearly done here. I imagine the frost we'll probably get on Friday will bring down the last of the leaves. I hope you get a break in the heat soon.

      Delete
  5. I'm not gonna tell my hubby the pain side of this ;) LOL ... glad its behind him though & healing is ahead!
    That renaissance meme - YES!!!
    I especially love the protective dog one. We always play around that Ricky is hurting me & the dogs always get in between us & lay on top to protect me. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, don't tell Ricky that part. LOL Tim still says he'd choose it over the traditional surgery. If he had gone that route he'd still be in the hospital at this point! Instead he's back to work. Everyone used to play around with my previous Poodle like that, but it eventually backfired...he'd go after anyone who even came near me. They started playing like that when I got Daisy and I lit into them all and put a stop to it. She's pretty good even though she isn't fond of strangers...all she does is yap incessantly. Better than biting!

      Delete
  6. Glad to hear your hubby got through his procedure and is on the mend!
    Thanks for the laughs this evening!
    And I join you in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Stacy, So glad to hear your husband is doing well. That sounds like a very uncomfortable procedures. I hope he heals up quickly. I love your prayer and say AMEN to it! Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am glad your hubby is healing...keeping in prayer.

    HA on the graphics, thanks...they might just show up on FB,LOLOLOL.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for all the giggles at the end! I enjoyed your entire post, Stacy! I am late catching up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. Your comments mean a lot to me and I try to answer them as soon as I can.

Moving Day

Hey everyone, I launched my new blog home today. Nothing fancy...just a little more me, I hope. Come visit me! In My Shoes