October 19, 2020

Currently

 In Latrobe...


The weather...

is cool (mid-50s) and gray. Rain is on the way.


On the telly...

the last episode of NCIS season 15. Nobody seems to have 

season 16 or 17. I'm not taking this well.


Survived...

both Colton and Leah spending the night. Whew! Together 

they are a handful. At least they are good sleepers.

For some reason, my phone is not sending pics today.


Getting done...

with "winterizing" everything. We got the last of the outside 

stuff put away yesterday, pulled the plants out of the garden, 

and the grass got mowed one last time.


Glad...

we also got the window A/C taken out and put away.

Now I can put the furniture back and bring the rocking chair

Tim got me for my birthday into the living room.



Looking at...

a busy week. Tomorrow I have an appointment with the

weight loss doctor and then I'm helping a friend write her 

father's eulogy. Wednesday is the funeral. There will be a viewing

from 3pm - 5pm and the service immediately after. 


Say a prayer for her, if you would. She is dealing with the emotions of

losing a father who could probably be termed emotionally abusive

and on top of that, she is separated from her husband. Because

of that, her children aren't speaking to her and it's touchy with every- 

one else...they don't want to end up estranged from her kids, too.

So, the husband gets treated more like family than she does. Two

other friends and I are going to lend her our support. She isn't

even going to the family dinner afterward. She's invited us (her

friends) to go to dinner elsewhere. What on earth is wrong with people

these days? I know so many people, anymore, who have children 

who aren't speaking to them. It's the saddest thing.


And then on Friday, Tim is having the procedure done to shrink his

prostate. It's only supposed to be a couple of hours and is done as an

outpatient, then he'll be off at least the weekend. If the doctor says more 

than that, I'm going to have a battle on my hands. The procedure he's

having done is relatively new and less invasive and the doctor has

high hopes that this will also help a lot of his other issues in the coming

weeks. Wouldn't that be a wonderful thing? He has felt so awful

for so long.



Just gonna leave these here...



























13 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, you may have just out-done yourself in the meme department. :) You're being such a great supportive friend; I can't imagine her emotional state -- on top of having to write an eulogy. I pray this situation with her kids is a fleeting thing. We were never estranged, but I remember my dad saying, "Some day you will cry bitter tears." (Yep.) Prayers for Tim's procedure, as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have shed some bitter tears in the past, but then I got smart and realized it's not me, it's them and therefore it's on them. I've done all I can. They are the ones (and the same in my friend's case) who are going to be filled with regret one day.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the giggles, Stacy! Sorry for your friend's loss and I agree with you about what is wrong with people. Life is just too short! I'm not sure I could handle two little ones at the same time. Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a shame folks don't realize all that hate hurts them and not the one they are hating on. All I do is SURVIVE the two of them at the same time. They are exhausting!

      Delete
  4. Keeping all in prayer, Stacy. I am so sorry for your friend and totally agree with your thought about people.

    Thank you for the giggles, just a heads up, I am stealing the Thanksgiving one, LOL. Ok, ok, you got me, probably all of them. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steal away, you thief! LOL And thank you for the prayers. Yes, people. I may have to order the Grinch mask that says "Eww, people."

      Delete
  5. You'll have to tell me how the prostrate procedure goes - my hubby has issues with high PSA & he honestly canceled a procedure the morning it was supposed to happen. A less invasive is what he needs to hear!! Keep me updated.
    Praying for your friend too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I asked hubby and he said we watched the last 2 seasons on CBS All Access. That was just a few months ago. Hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all your little memes (where did that term come from, anyway? It's new to me. I thought they were cartoons and funny quotes). LOL. That one of the lady and the library of books...that was funny. Anyway, I am truly sorry for your friend in the passing of her father and the estrangement of her family. Praying God will find a way to heal the breach in her family. Sometimes a death in the family brings people back together, and sometimes they just drift farther apart. Praying for her, and for you and her friends to be a true support to her and help her through this difficult time. Praying all goes well for Tim's procedure. This seems to be becoming more and more prevalent in men these days. I hope this really helps. Let us know. Hope you have a wonderful rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope all goes well for your husband's surgery. Luckily we don't have to weatherize anything. Do you empty out your pool? I hope you weight doctor appointment went well. Did you start your class yet? I get to see all my grands together on Sunday. Enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. Your comments mean a lot to me and I try to answer them as soon as I can.

Moving Day

Hey everyone, I launched my new blog home today. Nothing fancy...just a little more me, I hope. Come visit me! In My Shoes