Saturday 9: Vision of Love (1990)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) The lyrics refer to "sweet destiny." Do you believe in destiny? Sort of. I believe that God has laid out plans for each of our days, but since He gave us free will it's up to us whether we follow that plan.
2) This week's artist, Mariah Carey, has something to fall back on. She studied cosmetology and worked as a hair sweeper in a salon. When you get your hair cut, do you socialize with the stylist? I always have to some extent, but I changed to a new salon and stylist at the beginning of the year. My new stylist is someone I went to high school with so we talk a LOT.
3) She isn't likely to turn to cosmetology any time soon. Mariah is currently on the best seller list with her autobiography, The Meaning of Mariah Carey. Was the last book you finished fiction or non-fiction? Fiction. I've been on a bit of a kick with seasonal romances...both fall and Christmas themed ones.
4) So far, more than 800 people have reviewed Mariah's book on Amazon. Do you review products/services online? Sometimes, but more often not. I'm more inclined if they are satisfied with how many stars I'd give it. Unless I totally love or hate something I hate to do a written review.
5) When she was a high school student, she was nicknamed "Mirage" because she skipped class so often. Did you ever play hooky? I plead the 5th.
6) Mariah doesn't apologize for spoiling her dogs, who have been known to travel by limo. Do you know anyone who treats their pets like people? Lots.
7) In 1990, the year this song was popular, Martina Navratilova won the Wimbledon Women's Singles Tournament. How's your tennis game? What tennis game? I haven't played tennis since college and I didn't play very well then.
8) Also in 1990, Pope John Paul II toured Mexico. Have you ever visited our neighbor south of the border? No.
9) Random question(s): There are Gofundme campaigns for many purposes. Have you ever solicited funds online? Would you? I never have and I don't think I ever would for myself, but might for someone else in desperate need.
You can play along with the Saturday 9 right here.