February 11, 2021

Thankful Thursday

 Look at me, late to the party again. It's kind of gotten to be the way of things around here right now. Better late than never, is the old saying and when it comes to giving thanks to the One above, I have to agree. So here, a little late, is my offering for Thankful Thursday hosted by bloggy friend Rebecca Jo @ Knit By God's Hand..

This week I am thankful...

** We didn't get any more snow than we did and it came it two batches instead of all at one time so the shoveling was easier.

** My old dryer still works. Because when they got here to deliver the new one yesterday the delivery guys discovered the screws on the back were broke off down inside the thing. There was no way to even connect it to electricity. It needs a new part. I bought it damaged, but had been told the "damage" was a couple of missing screws and that they had been replaced. Uh, not quite. So, back to Lowe's it went. I talked to the warehouse guy right away and he said I should hear from the appliance manager as to how we'll handle this. So far, I haven't, so it's good that the old one still works.

** A new mattress. Not that we have it yet, but I finally got Tim to go look. He has hated the Sleep Number bed nearly from day one, but he's refused to go look at other mattresses. He spends a good chunk of every night on the loveseat and complains about the bed daily. It was driving me nuts. Anyway, I have high hopes for the new one. It's a hybrid. It's memory foam, but has coils on the inside. It seemed soft and comfy at the store. At least it's inexpensive as far as mattresses go since we got it at a discount store.

** The great evening of learning, fellowship, and soup with my Bible study crew on Monday. Perfect timing. I got home about 30 minutes before the snow started!

** I think whatever has been troubling my back for the last few months is gone. I rolled over last night and it felt like something tore or pulled loose and it hurt a LOT for just a few seconds and it felt really hot for a while. Now there's nothing. Not even after shoveling snow. Yay!

** Good books that capture my imagination.

** Cold snowy days and yummy dinners of comfort food.

** Work's progressing and coming together for the Bible study class I'm to teach in 2 weeks. It's not a prepared lesson and I was worried. I'm out of practice.

** Our daughter seems to be doing at least somewhat better and has started going to the gym, which seems to be perking her up a lot.

** The cute mug I ordered from an ad on Facebook. It's totally customized and looks like a girl (me-with my hair color and style) sitting under a fall tree and around me are Daisy and my two boys, Scooby and Elvis, who aren't with me any more. All of our names are under us. The other side says "Just a girl who loves dogs." All of it is customizable from the background, the breeds, the color, and the saying. I wanted to see how one turned out because I'm thinking they will make some cute gifts. They also have pillows, blankets, canvases and I don't know what all. So cute!

** For the love, grace and mercy of the Lord who for some reason chooses to love me as the mess I am.

** And as always, for each one of you!

13 comments:

  1. I've seen those mugs & almost got one with me & the aussies... now I have 3 -I'd need a new mug - you make me want to go ahead & get one.
    We need a new mattress but I'm scared to death we'll spend the money & then it feel awful like 3 days later & then we're stuck with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get the mug! The mattress, we have a store here called Speedy Furniture. They only keep like one piece of a furniture set on display, one mattress of each kind, etc. You can look at the other pieces and colors online...they have a computer and big screen TV monitor to do that. No big warehouse so no big overhead. Our mattress was on sale for $600! At that price I figure if we only like it for a year or two, I'll be happy because it'll be better than we've done with all the expensive brands.

      Delete
  2. What a disappointment about the new dryer! Ugh.
    Interesting about the mattress -- here, I always presumed Sleep Number was one of the best. My back and hips could sure go for something new. I got one of those customizable mugs for Tom a few months back, but didn't realize they have other stuff. I've a 'thing' for pillowcases; but heretofore, only knew about Faceplant Dreams.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the Sleep Number beds must be like anything else. I know people who absolutely love them. I will tell you, it's just air tubes zipped into a mattress cover held up and formed by foam bolsters around the sides and some padding on top (you can't flip them over so I don't even know if the bottom has padding). You can adjust your side and he can adjust his, but when you lay on it, you still displace air. Even though the sides are separate, they kind of push against each other so the person who comes to bed last has a firmer feel and has to let some air out. At least that's been our experience. If you like sleeping on air mattresses you might like it. I've never liked sleeping on them.

      Delete
  3. My daughter wanted to order one of those mugs! They are cute!

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are. It turned out better than I thought it would.

      Delete
  4. A lot to be thankful for! So glad your old dryer still works. I hope Lowes will do something good for you...that's kind of frustrating. Glad your daughter is feeling better and that your back is better too! Wow! And now for that new bed...sounds wonderful! Hope it meets both your and Tim's needs. Interesting that the sleep # bed didn't work for you. They try to make them sound so wonderful, but I know they are quite expensive, so you'd think they'd be comfortable! Your mug sounds cute. I hope you have a wonderful, warm, cozy weekend. Take care and God bless you real good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know people who love their Sleep Number bed, but also others who hate theirs. I personally don't recommend $4000 for something that felt good in the store, but totally sucked at home....and yeah, that was the price. They advertised a sale, but by the time we bumped up to a queen, got the smart stuff, the mattress cover you HAD to have or else your warranty would be nullified if anything happened, and whatever else they said we needed, that was the price. We didn't even get the heating/cooling pad we wanted or the adjustable frame.

      Delete
  5. So glad you back is better!! I love our cat garden flag with our cats and their names. So cute! We had a sleep number bed and I hated it from day one. Joe was okay with it. After a year, I took out the blow-up thing and had a custom sized foam mattress fitted to the cavity so I could finally be comfortable. Never again!! We have tempurpedic now and love it. So much to be thankful for, always!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tim has hated the Sleep Number no matter what. I bought a 3-inch foam topper a couple of years ago and I can live with it, but it's still not the most comfortable sleeping. Sometimes I wonder if it isn't just the body getting older rather than the bed?

      Delete
  6. The mug sounds adorable. We have a super small kitchen and about a zillion mugs, otherwise, I'd order one too.
    Personally, that Sleep Number never has looked comfortable to me. I like just a plain hard mattress with no quilted "topping" so it can be flipped and extend it's usefulness. Can't find those anymore. These new ones wear out too fast and they can't be flipped.
    We're running the A/C down this way already (SE Georgia) and the Blue Birds are already nesting outside my office window! That is early, even for us, but I'm enjoying it.
    Hope y'all have a blessed, snowless day. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've had one of the pillow top mattresses, too. Hated it. The new one, other than being a hybrid, is just a plain old mattress and at only $600, if we only get 2-3 years out of it, it's not so bad. The plain mattresses seem to be making a comeback, by the way. Yeah, another friend who lives in Georgia post a picture of daffodils on Facebook this morning. It'll probably be 2 months before we see those here.

      Delete
  7. You have many blessings to be thankful for. Hope you like the new mattress. We need one too. Love the sound of the mug. Hope you show us sometime. Have a wonderful weekend Stacy!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. Your comments mean a lot to me and I try to answer them as soon as I can.

Moving Day

Hey everyone, I launched my new blog home today. Nothing fancy...just a little more me, I hope. Come visit me! In My Shoes