February 12, 2021

Some Days You Win

If you recall, I was supposed to get a new dryer delivered on Tuesday. I had bought a new, but "damaged" one at Lowe's because they said they had one that had nothing wrong with it but a couple of missing screws and those had already been replaced...and they took $200 off the price. As the delivery guys were getting ready to unload it, they noticed that it had not been fixed and that it was more than a couple of missing screws. There were screws broken off inside the back panel. The whole piece would have to be replaced. Of course, I said take it back to the shop. I was told to call the warehouse manager, which I did, and he told me the supervisor of the appliance department would call me.

Nothing.

I went to Lowe's this morning prepared to do battle. I was working up a full head of steam. They had my money. I didn't have a dryer. I also had no idea what was going on with the whole situation.

A stop at the customer service desk netted the information that I was scheduled for a delivery on March 2. Really. That's nice. Am I getting the same dryer repaired, a new one, or something else? They had no idea.

I walked back to the appliance department and found the supervisor. She hadn't heard anything about the whole situation. 

Say what?

She was, however, very nice and checked the computer and said yes, I was scheduled for delivery on March 2, but that the dryer was coming from the warehouse on February 16 so she could schedule me sooner. That's all good, but what am I getting, I wanted to know. 

As it turns out, I'm getting a brand, spanking new dryer for the same price as the damaged one and it is scheduled to be delivered next Friday.

Yay, me!

And thank you, Lord! (I know that was you.)

What my set will look like when the dryer
finally gets here!


7 comments:

  1. I love this! Enjoy the new dryer. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome!!! After all that hassle, you deserve the new one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray! I've heard so many bad things about Lowe's AND Home Depot, so this restores my faith. Great news, Stacy!! Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your new set and a great deal too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I wonder if you going there in person didn't go a long way towards this resolution.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hallelujah!! Yes, I'd say that was a big win!! Congratulations!! So happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. Your comments mean a lot to me and I try to answer them as soon as I can.

Moving Day

Hey everyone, I launched my new blog home today. Nothing fancy...just a little more me, I hope. Come visit me! In My Shoes