March 16, 2021

Currently...

Our weather...is gloomy and gray with the temperature just a bit above 50 degrees. Not bad for mid-March in Pennsylvania.

I'm reading...The Fallen Angels Book Club by R. Franklin James, a cozy mystery about a unique book club where all the members have white-collar criminal records. The members begin turning up dead, killed in the same manners as victims in the books the group has read. Group member Hollis Morgan sets out to find the killer and clear herself of suspicion so she can get a pardon and return to law school. 

I recently finished reading...The Ten Commandments: Still the Best Moral Code by Dennis Prager; Sit, Stay, Love: A Rescue Me Novel by Debbie Burns; and Love in Maine by Connie Falconeri.

Listening to...absolutely nothing. After yesterday, when I had Colton and Leah from 9:30 in the morning until 7:30 in the evening, I am enjoying the quiet.

Watching...After missing a few seasons, I'm back to watching American Idol and I just started watching Bull.

Feeling...kind of tired today. I slept in this morning and just haven't been moving all that fast. 

Celebrating...the kids got a great vehicle and a great deal. They are off on a driving adventure today in their 2020 Buick Enclave. Colton and Leah were so excited to see it when they came to get them last night, they had to take a little ride then.

Also, with my Bible study teacher and her husband back from their month long vacation, we are all meeting up tonight for tacos and to honor her for her 70th birthday (which happened while they were away).

Looking forward to...finally getting my hair colored and trimmed up on Thursday. I called at the end of February and that was the first appointment I could get! My stylist said they were really slow in January and February because of the Covid spike in our area, but now it's like everyone is coming out of isolation.

And that's all that's going on here. How are things in your neck of the woods?

13 comments:

  1. Hi there!
    Same weather up here!
    And it is very quiet too.
    Yay for a hair appointment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is awfully quiet, isn't it? I feel like we're waiting for something. Well, Easter, I suppose.

      Delete
  2. The weather sounds so pleasant. We're already needing rain here in SE Georgia. This happens to us every Spring.
    Buick Enclave is a nice vehicle. It's about the only SUV I would personally own. I hope it gives them years of excellent service.
    I'm re-reading some historical pieces. I enjoy reading about our Mediaeval History.
    Glad to hear about the hair appointment! I know after mine I always feel human again. *lol*
    Sending Love & Prayers xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We rarely ever end up short on rain. In fact, we often run way above average. Our rainy spring weather won't arrive for a while yet. It's supposed to be April showers that bring May flowers, but we usually have a lot more rain in May. The Enclave is nice and theirs is fully loaded...heated leather seats, captain seats, and I don't know what all. They got a good deal because it was the courtesy car for a dealership and only has 13, 000 miles on it. I used to like historical fiction, but as I've gotten older it's just not my thing. I still love history, just not the fiction. It will indeed feel good to be human again after the hair appt. lol
      Love & prayers back at ya!

      Delete
  3. Rather hot and sunny here, although I see some clouds rolling in this afternoon...wish it would rain and cool it back down a bit. Feeling kind of tired and punk this week...time change does that to me. Hubby too. We actually cancelled a planned St.Patrick's day lunch that was going to be here tomorrow...just not up to par and I didn't want anyone to be 'uncomfortable" even tho I am sure it isn't covid, just tired and no energy for cleaning and cooking. Oh, tacos tonight? Sounds good to me, I'll be right over...LOL. I like it when I don't have to do the cooking! Be sure to show us your new hairdo when it is done. I need to either get mine cut or get a perm...I am trying to decide. I am tired of my hair being limp and my cowlicks are sticking up all the time. A perm would fix that...but I don't know if I want to do that again...decisions decisions...it's been a year since my last perm, right before Covid. We shall see. Bye for now. Have fun tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I didn't even think of the time change. That might be part of it. I wasn't sick today, just sort of...off. I feel a lot better now. Maybe the tacos were just what I needed? lol I feel your pain with the hair. I hated my hair worse than usual when we lived in Florida. All that humidity and curly hair was one of my bigger nightmares! I'm glad you cancelled your lunch. There's nothing worse than going through the motions when you don't feel up to it. We are having corned beef and cabbage with my mom and stepdad tomorrow night and you are right...always better when I don't have to cook!

      Delete
  4. It is so great that those little ones have you so close and you can make so many memories with them! God bless the new car!! Enjoy being pampered at the hairdresser!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Stacy. Sounds like you are getting a lot of Grandma time. That is wonderful. I might get to see five of my grandkids next month. We are praying so hard that our daughter doesn't change her mind about meeting up in April after my husband gets his second Covid vaccine. I have read that Dennis Prager Book. My husband and I are reading his Rational Bible books together. We are on the second book. Glad you are having a peaceful day. I hope the rest of the week goes well for you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I will join you in praying that your daughter doesn't change her mind! I read the Prager book after seeing it on your blog. It was an interesting little read. I didn't know he had other books. I'll have to look for them.

      Delete
  6. Hi Stacy, I am doing my late night visits after completing Wednesday Hodgepodge. I got to use a lot of my St Patrick's graphics. Good that you got some rest. We will have grandkids over this weekend. How is it going with your new Bible journal? Did you check out illustratedfaith.com I am working on a Lent study right now and it keeps me busy along with my regular reading. I am also reading a fictional book about the disciple John. There is a lot of scripture from the Bible. It is written by the same authors that wrote the Left Behind Series. Well I better get myself to bed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The same old here; work...and work makes Linda a very dull person (lol). In all seriousness, no St. Patricks' Day celebrations here (King Cuomo rules). I have a corned beef in the oven. I do have to go to my appointment at the DMV (another rule). Will this ever end? sigh

    ReplyDelete
  8. I get it... after weekends where the grands come up, I enjoy just SILENCE.
    Enjoy that hair pampering!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. Your comments mean a lot to me and I try to answer them as soon as I can.

Moving Day

Hey everyone, I launched my new blog home today. Nothing fancy...just a little more me, I hope. Come visit me! In My Shoes