March 26, 2021

Currently...

The weather...is blustery with a mix of clouds and sun. Think Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day. We are under a high wind warning until 6:00 this evening. The temperature started out at 61 degrees but it is beginning to cool off a bit. 


I'm reading...Dust Between My Toes: An Amish Boy's Journey by Wayne M. Weaver. I'm enjoying the book and believe I'll pass it on to my father when I'm done. The author reminds me a lot of him and I think he will enjoy the memories. The only thing that seems odd to me is that the author said his family was (and some members still are) old order Amish, but his childhood stories don't seem much different from the lives of others his age.

I plan to read next...The Bounty, book 7 in the Fox & O'Hare series by Janet Evanovich. We'll see how it goes. She wrote the first 5 in the series with Lee Goldberg, the last one was written with her son, and this one is written with Steve Hamilton. I wonder if she is getting old enough that it is tough to keep up the writing pace she has always maintained. I did a quick search and learned that she will be 77 next month, but book #28 in the Stephanie Plum series is due out in November. (I sure hope she settles the Ranger/Morelli question and Stephanie's future before she retires or something happens.)

Listening to...the soundtrack to Hairspray.




Watching...nothing in particular. Lots of old reruns.

Cooking...spaghetti and a salad. Maybe. Unless Tim wants to go out for his weekly (during Lent) fish sandwich.

Celebrating...our son-in-law winning the bid on an afternoon shift job after years of working the midnight shift. He misses the evenings with the kids, but he has the mornings and he's home at night. A HUGE deal. Megan's anxiety can take a break and she's getting some sleep...which means I don't always have to babysit so she can nap. Yay! He has 30 days to try it and decide if he wants to keep it or go back to his old job. We are praying he'll want to stay with it.

Looking forward to...Tim being at home for the second Saturday in a row. Easter and the month of April. The further we get from winter, the better! Oh, and a Good Friday meal and game night with my Bible study group and our spouses.

Today's agenda...you're pretty much looking at it. Other than doing a few loads of laundry I don't have any plans today and am enjoying the time to read, blog (and catch up with your blogs), and maybe write a letter.

Something funny...













Happy Friday!


6 comments:

  1. Oh, I enjoyed this post. Love the new background too. Bet y'all are really ready for warmer weather and playing outside.
    We watch a lot of reruns too since we disconnected from DirecTV, especially old British shows. Best thing we've done is having DirecTV taken out of our house. No more insulting, confusing, or embarrassing commercials spilling through the tube into our lives. Ugh! Bet they're even worse now. And no news. That's the best of all.
    I pray Megan is better and it all works out good for all y'all with SIL's job.
    Blessings to you all. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like it's been a good week. That is good news about your son-in-law's job. I hope it will work out for him. I always enjoy hearing about what you are reading. Hope you have a great weekend. Seems like this new spring is bringing with it a lot of hope for the future. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the funny memes. So cute. And it sounds like a good week/weekend. Praying your son in law likes the new shift and that it will work out for the best. I am glad you are finally getting some real spring weather. Just stay safe. We have been in the high 80's the last couple of afternoons, which I DON'T like this soon! Hopefully it will get back to spring again before summer settles in to stay. We've been watching a lot of "The Saint" series with Roger Moore...and enjoying them so much. I don't think we ever watched them back in the 60's when they were running...since they were British anyway. (and I was just a kid). Anyway, we are kind of hooked on "Simon Templar" right now. I think we have one more season of episodes to go and then we will have to find something else to binge watch. I just love that my hubby is enjoying it as much as I am, so we watch it together. That's pretty nice. Usually he watches sports and I do my think here on the computer or read. Anyway...have a blessed and happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always enjoy my visits to your blog, Stacy! I am with you on the Stephanie Plum series. She has to give us an end to it (I hope!). Hoping the SIL likes the new shift! Keep us posted! Have a blessed weekend!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grin, loving the graphics. You always make me smile, so much similarity on our thoughts, LOLOL--scary isn't it, LOLOL.(run Stacy run, JUST KIDDING, GRIN)

    Have a great day friend. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great news about your son in law. I hope it works out. Loved that picture of the dog smiling! Have a happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. Your comments mean a lot to me and I try to answer them as soon as I can.

Moving Day

Hey everyone, I launched my new blog home today. Nothing fancy...just a little more me, I hope. Come visit me! In My Shoes