March 4, 2021

Thankful Thursday

Brrr! After a lovely taste of spring yesterday, we are back to cold and blustery today. It's not snowing or raining and winter is beginning to show cracks in its armor, so I'll take it.

Today I'm linking up with Rebecca Jo @ Knit By God's Hand for Thankful Thursday. Girl, it's good to have you back! But before I get going I want to take a moment to remember Terri, our blogging friend in Florida, who is going through her husband's funeral today. Thoughts and prayers are with you, Terri!

This week I am thankful...

** for my primary care physician. He is sort of nerdy and awkward, but he is also very kind and very, very thorough. And he listens to me. He spends at least 45 minutes with me every single time I go. That's just his style and he won't be rushed and he trains all his interns to be just like him. After the physician we had before, I am sooooo thankful for him.

** my check-up this morning went well. I'm healthy and nothing has changed, except for a few numbers on my bloodwork improved. Yay!

** Megan saw the surgeon yesterday. The cyst in her breast is too big, too deep, and too infected to deal with at the office so she goes Monday to have it removed. That is one health issue crossed off a very long list! Please pray he is able to close it and it won't have to heal as an open wound.

** for some good text conversations with friends. The kind that come through in 7 or more little thought bubbles at a time. The kind that probably should have been phone conversations, but you go with what works.

** for enjoyable books.

** God has been showing His presence in a lot of very obviously answered prayers lately.

** Tim has been feeling pretty good.

** Megan had several good days in a row.

** for a contentment with life that I didn't have when I was younger.

** for my faith and my family.

** as always, for each one of you!

Have a blessed and thankful Thursday!

5 comments:

  1. Steve and I finally have a good personal physician too. He's sorta young and very kind, thoughtful and listens to us. (That's worth all the money in Fort Knox!) I appreciate him so much. I've been praying that he'll stay in our little area and not move to the Big City or anything where he can demand more pay. It's hard to get good health care here.
    Praying for Megan. That poor girl has been through it, hasn't she?! I've had ovarian cysts, awful debilitating pains and the like. It's not fun no matter what part of the body we get these things. Please tell her we're praying for her. To God be the glory.
    Y'all stay warm.
    Blessings to you all sister in Christ. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Megan - that's awful! She's had a tough time lately.
    My heart just aches for Terri right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad things are looking up for you family. Prayers that all will go well with your daughter's cyst surgery. Wish I could find a doctor I like. Our current doctor makes me feel a little like I am talking to my dad, even though he is younger than me. It's kind of like he just wants to tell me what is best and not really listen to me. Hope you have a good Friday. See you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for Megan. Trusting God to take care of each of these physical issues and bring healing to her body and restore her strength and health completely. So happy for the other answered prayers and blessings. God is SO good...He loves us so much. Too often we forget that, or take it for granted. And then things happen to remind us of His watchcare and love...and I just praise Him so much. Blessings to you today dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry your daughter has been through so much, and I'm sorry for you as her mom. I know it must be really tough for you, too.

    I love my GP, too. It makes everything easier to have a doctor you trust.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. Your comments mean a lot to me and I try to answer them as soon as I can.

Moving Day

Hey everyone, I launched my new blog home today. Nothing fancy...just a little more me, I hope. Come visit me! In My Shoes