April 26, 2021

Currently

The Weather in Latrobe...is a pleasant 60 degrees with sunshine.

On the Telly...The Encounter on Pure Flix. A series in which Jesus appears to people in modern times to help them make the right choices in difficult circumstances.

Loving...these crazy grandkids of mine.

Colton's reaction to his mommy's plans to move some

of his toys upstairs. The horror! The drama!



Leah was not happy about something.



Colton having a much better day on the trampoline.



Leah's hair? Not so much.



Colton showing off his nerdy look wearing
Pappy's reading glasses.


They sure take after their mommy. She always had a very expressive face. Still does.

The Job...is still in the works. I filled out all the paperwork they gave me over the weekend. It raised a couple of questions. One is about insurance since the job requires transporting clients in my car. The other is about the W-4 and taxes. 

It seems there is some new way to figure out what should be deducted using estimated income figures for Tim and I. I did that it came up showing I need to have half of what I'd be earning taking in taxes! That would sure not be worth going to work for. So, I must chat with them and see if I did it right.

The weekend...wasn't all that exciting. For the most part, we just hung around at home and worked on chores that needed done. I did a big grocery shopping trip on Saturday and Tim (with Colton's help) cleaned out his truck. Megan and Leah came over around supper time and Megan treated us to pizza.

On Sunday, Tim, Cody, and Colton went down to the other side of Pittsburgh to get the Bobcat skid loader from the last job site. The company Tim works for didn't have anyone else to pick it up. On the plus side, we get to use it for a few weeks doing things around here. Colt was so excited to go with the guys. Tim gave him an old hardhat and he wore it the whole time. 

I stayed home doing this and that, but in the afternoon I emptied out my big corner cupboard and moved my china into it. I've been meaning to do it the whole time I've been home during the pandemic, but gee....I've just been soooo busy I never got around to it. Ha!


I also moved all the booze bottles and the gorgeous emerald glass decanter and silver tray my mom finally gave me onto the bottom shelf of the corner cupboard. The top shelf holds crystal pieces and the coffee pot for the china because it's the only shelf tall enough.

So that was our big weekend. Woohoo!

Cooking...maybe salmon with mango salsa. I'm thinking about it, anyway.

Looking Forward to...tomorrow. It's supposed to be 80 degrees!

On the Agenda Today...finishing emptying out my great-grandmother's china cupboard so Tim can make a small repair tonight. Then I can load it up with the knick-knacks that used to be in the corner cupboard (minus the ones I've decided to donate to Goodwill) and put all the kitchen linens in the bottom. It's a nice old cupboard, but it is not as sturdy as the corner cupboard and the older it gets, the more afraid I've been that the weight of the china would just collapse it one day.

I also have to go to Lowe's for some extender boxes or something for the outlets in my office. They don't have covers. I bought pretty covers last week. When Tim went to put them on yesterday, he remembered why we didn't get the covers put on them before.

Other than that, I'll be reading today. I haven't done much of that in the last week except for my Bible studies.

Happy Monday, y'all!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Stacy - I hope you can figure out that taxes on that job. Wow, paying half your income in taxes would not be cool at all. Sounds like you had a good and productive weekend. Your grandkids sure are cute. I hope the week goes well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We shared similar weekends, and it has nothing to do with the Chinese Head Cold. I'm just boring and love to organize. *lol*
    Those kids pictures made me laugh. So cute!
    Blessings. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love seeing your cute grandkids and their expressions. Kids say and do the funniest things. They are always a joy to watch! Sounds like you have been quite busy. Do you have time to go to work? I can imagine it will be an adjustment after being off all year. I do hope you can work out the tax situation so it makes more sense. Looking forward to seeing your corner cupboard and china cupboard when the switch is complete! Have fun and God bless you dear friend...80 degrees! Wow! You are almost passing us up!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its so warm here today... i'm already sweating. turning on all the fans.
    I cant believe h ow big the kids look already!!!!
    Yep - I have projects I meant to get around to a year ago at the beginning of the pandemic. I guess that just means I really have no desire to do them :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it is so great that you have an entire summer ahead so you can enjoy that swimming pool this year!! It feels good to get projects done... even little ones like switching cupboards. Good for you! Keep us posted about that job! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. Your comments mean a lot to me and I try to answer them as soon as I can.

Moving Day

Hey everyone, I launched my new blog home today. Nothing fancy...just a little more me, I hope. Come visit me! In My Shoes