April 30, 2021

Saturday 9: Love Story

LOVE STORY (2008)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here. 

1) The lyrics tell us about a romantic summer night on a balcony. Does your home have a balcony?  No. It's a one-story so no need.

2) Taylor Swift sings that her father warns her boyfriend to stay away, but she sees him anyway. Tell us about a time you defied your parents.  Honestly, neither of us has the time for that. Suffice it to say, my dad was extremely strict and during my teenage years my life philosophy was pretty much "what he doesn't know about won't get me killed."

3) The castle in this video looks European, but it's in Arrington, TN. Castle Gwynn is the site of the annual Tennessee Renaissance Fair. This May the festival will be back, and among the items food vendors are offering are Scotch eggs. When did you most recently eat eggs, and how were they prepared?  It's been a couple of weeks. They were fried.

4) Love Story is also the story of Jenny and Oliver in a book by Erich Segal and a movie starring Ali MacGraw and Ryan O'Neal. Are you familiar with either the book or the movie?  I've never seen the movie, but I read the book when I was around 13 or 14.

5) Taylor was born in Reading, PA. which is home to the Reading Railroad, one of the four railroads featured in Monopoly. Without looking it up, can you name the two most expensive Monopoly properties?  Boardwalk and Park Place. Do I get to pass Go and collect $200?

6) When she's not performing on stage, Taylor likes to keep it casual and prefers to wear cowboy boots. Tell us about your favorite footwear.  Any of my Vionic flip-flops. They have orthopedic soles and are so comfy I can actually be on my feet most of the day without pain. Bonus, they are even cute!

7) Taylor's brother, Austin Swift, is an actor and producer who studied photography at college. Think about the last picture you took. Did you use your phone, tablet or camera? (Feel free to share it, if you'd like.) I used my phone. I don't have a tablet and it's been embarrassingly long since I last used my camera. As for sharing, I already did in my previous post.
 
8) In 2008, the year this song was popular, the Emmy Award winning show Breaking Bad premiered. Were you a fan?  No. I've never watched it or had any urge to.
 
9) Random question: You and your best friend sit down to write the story of how/when you met. Do you think the stories would be almost the same or quite different? (In other words, will you two remember the event the same way?)  We actually were talking about it just a couple of weeks ago so I know that we remember it virtually the same.

Thanks to Crazy Sam for the music and the Saturday 9 questions.

25 comments:

  1. I've always been quite a Taylor Swift fan and I loved this song. Fun post. Have a good weekend. See you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like her country stuff. I'm not so much a fan of the pop.

      Delete
  2. Hi Stacy:
    I enjoyed your answers today. We have the same answer
    for #5. I like the pass Go and collect $200.00.
    Seems lately that several of us have had fried eggs.
    Have a nice Saturday.

    https://gloriasretiredlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did notice we are a bunch of egg eaters. lol
      I hope you're enjoying your Saturday!

      Delete
  3. Someone I knew was a bail bondsman (No I didn't need him to get out of jail) and his business cards looked like the "Get out of jail free" cards but it didn't say free on the back he had his business contact info.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's pretty clever! Well, unless people mistook it for a Monopoly card and tossed it without looking at the back.

      Delete
  4. I had a tablet and thought I would love it, but eh. My phone and laptop are fine. My iPad is collecting dust in the kitchen as we speak.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought a tablet and ended up returning it. My phone and laptop are enough for me too.

      Delete
    2. I use the phone for convenience, but I prefer the laptop when possible. I like the bigger screen/full-size keyboard.

      Delete
  5. I like fried eggs and I remain my parents 'disappointed child' even at age 54, LOL. Seriously, they still say it. ANYWAYS, have a great weekend, friend. smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! As an only child I guess I'm the disappointing child, too. Also the golden one, the trouble maker, etc. I hope you're having a good Saturday and enjoying the same gorgeous weather we are!

      Delete
  6. #5 - We eat eggs every day. Also, bacon and Sola bread (keto - no sugar/low carbs). So yummy.
    Not a fan of Love Story. I thought it was a couple acting horrible and cruel to one another. Not the kind of thing I enjoy.
    Blessings. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't eat too many eggs since I don't eat breakfast. I do love a good omelet, though. I've never heard of (or seen that I know of) Sola bread. I can't even remember the plot of Love Story. It was so long ago that I read it and I don't remember being particularly impressed by it.

      Delete
  7. We have the same philosophy on Dad's, lol. Great answers :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! You can join the bad girls club with Anita and me.

      Delete
  8. Those Vionic shoes are super cute! I need to go back over and bookmark that page. Thank-you for the link. Loved your answers. Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute Vionic flipflops but I have trouble with between my toes sandals/flipflops. They do look comfy! Another interesting and fun Sat9. We were so surprised that we enjoyed Breaking Bad. The whole premise sounds horrible but the characters, the acting, and the way the story exploded was addicting. We watched it to the bitter end. Happy weekend, Stacy! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terri, they have lots of slip on sandals, too.

      Delete
  10. I would love to try Vionic, I wish they came in wide sizes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My problem with shoes is the width too. I recently bought some shoes supposedly perfect for wide feet, with velcro...and they don't fit. Very disappointing. It's why I wear Berkenstocks all the time.

      Delete
    2. Kwiz, not all of them come in wide sizes, but some do! I have a couple pairs that are wides. For me, the problem is that their wide tends to be too wide for my foot.

      Delete
  11. I shared your philosophy during the teen years. What they didn't know . . . egads. I really was a bad girl. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harking back to the day..."Girls just wanna have fun!"

      Delete
  12. I like adding "Pass go and collect $200"

    ReplyDelete
  13. As a kid and a parent, I played so much monopoly that the dread at not getting past Park Place or Boardwalk still arose in my blood. lol
    Love the Vionic Wedges. And, I like fried eggs but mostly in sandwiches. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. Your comments mean a lot to me and I try to answer them as soon as I can.

Moving Day

Hey everyone, I launched my new blog home today. Nothing fancy...just a little more me, I hope. Come visit me! In My Shoes