May 24, 2021

Currently...

The Weather

A much more comfortable 73 degrees with rain. Buckets and buckets of rain. It isn't doing much for the backyard, which Tim spent the weekend leveling and smoothing, except making it a muddy pit. Since it cooled things off for the day I won't complain. That will probably change tomorrow when the mercury shoots back up to 87.

Reading

Nothing. It's been a busy week. I've been doing my regular Bible reading (2 Kings this week), some research on a spiritual matter for a young woman, and watching (which is reading) all those power point presentations for work online.

Feeling

Tired. I just could not sleep last night. I tossed and turned and nothing was comfortable. Everything irritated me. It was 3:00 before I finally nodded off. I was back up at 6:30.

Thankful

I'm getting to know some of the people at the CMA church. I went to the women's spring tea on Saturday morning. It was very nice with all kinds of yummy (read super rich and super high calorie) food, a wonderful program, and I got the chance to meet some of the ladies. Sunday I went to church there for the second Sunday and was again thrilled to find the pastor preaching solid truth and not the light, fluffy half-truths that so many churches preach these days.

Cooking

I've been leaning toward the simple and no-oven-required type of meals with this heat we've been having. Today, though, I have a beef roast in the crock pot.

My Heart Is Full


Megan and Cody took the kids to a local state park on Saturday. Their cousin Sarah was along, too.


Colton loves playing in Linn Run, but I guarantee it was freezing. That's mountain spring water!


Leah gets so excited. Love her enthusiasm and jump-right-into-it-ness.


Sometimes a guy just feels like running around the yard in his underwear and rubber boots.



Megan and Tim in a skid loader back in 2001.




Colton and Tim in a skid loader 2021.




Laugh a Little







Remember





9 comments:

  1. Tea sounds like a great way to meet people. The kids look like they had a great day Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Underwear & rubber boats - the uniform of little boys - that's what childhood should be about.
    Glad you are enjoying this new church!!!
    That's how my sleep goes lately - a lot of NOTHING & when you do go to sleep, its so little. I feel your pain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I loved your post and those cute pictures of the kiddos...and the sweet picture of Megan and her Daddy, and then her son with his Grandpa! So precious. I am glad to hear the tea went well and that you met some nice ladies. Also glad to hear the church is good and the Pastor preaches the truth from God's Word. That makes my heart happy to hear. Loved the memes. And roast beef in the crock pot sure sounds good. I haven't had any good roast beef in a long time. Now I want some. Have to watch for a good sale on beef. We mostly east chicken and pork and ground chuck when on sale. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a hard time sleeping last night as well - and now this afternoon, I am feeling exhausted. Those all cute pictures of your grandkids. I am so glad you are pleased with the new church. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh... that photo of Leah is just too much cute!! I am so happy you have found a church that feels good to you! I am so blessed with ours and am hoping you have found that same kind of blessing there! Love & hugs! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at those precious little ones!!!! So much joy! We have had hot hot hot then cool and rain now back to hot! Thanks for the laughs too! Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those kids are SO cute! I enjoyed this post a lot. Thanks for sharing.
    Blessings. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love women's teas!!! I am glad you found a church you like. I enjoyed al the pictures too. Leah's excitement made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  9. {{grin}} Thanks for sharing the photos of your grandkids, always makes me smile. I have been so dog darn tired, so hot in the store etc...the sleep is just restless. Anyways, thank you for the smiles

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. Your comments mean a lot to me and I try to answer them as soon as I can.

Moving Day

Hey everyone, I launched my new blog home today. Nothing fancy...just a little more me, I hope. Come visit me! In My Shoes