May 27, 2021

Thankful Thursday

I'm sitting down to type up a Thankful Thursday post late on Wednesday evening...so late that it's nearly Thursday. Just making sure I get a post up and linked back to Rebecca Jo @ Knit By God's Hand, because I won't get a chance to hop on the laptop again until tomorrow evening. I have to drop my car off at the garage to be inspected first thing in the morning. Megan and the kids are picking me up there to go to a local park. Colton's last day of school was today and tomorrow they are having a picnic and some activities in the park. I'm tagging along to help with Leah. Can I just say that I'm glad we had all the thunderstorms today and it's cooled down a bit?

This week I'm thankful...

** I finally finished the online training for the new job today (Wednesday). There was so much of it and much of it was incredibly dull. I kept slogging away at it, though. I will turn it in Friday morning and hopefully find out then what's next or when I start.

** As I mentioned above, we had a cold front move through today that brought some thunderstorms and cooled the temperature off a bit. Tomorrow will be in the mid-70s and the weekend will be in the 60s! A nice break, but not exactly swimming pool weather. Not that the pool is ready to go. The guys still have to build a deck and it's currently surrounded by mud from all the grading, filling, and smoothing Tim did on the yard last weekend.

** My Bible study group met Tuesday and it was nice to see everyone and we had a good lesson. Now we are off again until the second week of June. The on and off thing is why I was so anxious to find a church. We used to be a "home church" but it has really tapered off a lot since our leader and her husband retired. They do so much traveling and if they aren't away then it seems like half the class is because their kids and grandkids live far away or they go to the beach or camping. I think I am the only one who doesn't really go anywhere.

** Still loving the church I've gone to the last two weeks. I want to catch up with the pastor and have a talk at some point, but just didn't get to it while doing the training for work. Now that I'm done, maybe I'll call him on Friday or catch him on Sunday to set up a time.

** Nothing changed at work, but our son-in-law seems to have shaken off the blues that followed that mess of some of the guys lying to get him taken off one job so their buddy could have it. I'm so glad. He has been really down on everything and just dragging himself through the days. It's good to see him perk up a bit.

** Even though he was only in school for about a month, Colton has shown such growth! He is already saying he can't wait for fall so he can go back. He's learned to do a lot he couldn't (or maybe wouldn't) do before and he has come out of his shell so much!


And this little one...she has thrived, too, getting some time to be the only kid at home getting all the attention for once.


** And of course, I am thankful for all of you!

And now I'd better say goodnight, because it will be morning before I know it!

6 comments:

  1. We're supposed to have y'alls weather by this weekend. I sure hope so. It's hot and super dry in SE Georgia right now. Been praying for rain. The woods are a tender box and very much a fire hazard this week.
    Those children are so adorable. Y'all are really blessed. May they always be safe and grow up trusting in the Lord.
    And I'm thankful for you too! Have a beautiful day!
    Blessings. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable, both! Doesn't it make your heart sing to hear Colton loves school?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your grandkids are so very cute! They are blessed also to have a grandma that loves them so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had a big struggle with on-off when I was leading bible study because a lot of people wouldnt be able to make it but they didnt want us to move on or have group with just a few of us - & it felt like it would take forever to get through a study - I get the struggle on that.
    YAHOOO on getting through that training. You know you cant retain all that - I wonder why they do all that at once. I'm sure something legal - but BLAH

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you are finally finished with your training, and then hopefully you can start work soon. Although I would think you will miss those sweet youngin's when you have to work. Is it a going to be full time or part time? I am glad you've found a church you like and I pray it will become a special new "home" for you...a great place to make new friends as well as grow in the Lord...something we never stop doing as we go through this life. Glad it is cooling down a little. We need the rain and cooler temps too...it's 93 out there right now, and bright hot!! At least it isn't too humid, which is a plus. But we do need that rain. Take care and have a wonderful rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on getting the training completed! Hooray for that!! The kiddos are so cute. I enjoyed reading your thankful list, Stacy. Hoping the Pastor can meet with you soon and that you have found your new church!! Keep us posted!! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. Your comments mean a lot to me and I try to answer them as soon as I can.

Moving Day

Hey everyone, I launched my new blog home today. Nothing fancy...just a little more me, I hope. Come visit me! In My Shoes