July 19, 2021

Currently

The Weather
Is just about as perfect as it can get. It's sunny and 82 degrees with very little humidity here in Latrobe.

The Sounds of Summer
Listening to the hum of the a/c and the riding mower as our daughter mows our yard, my mom's yard, and her own yard.

On the TV
An old Fantasy Island rerun while I'm making dinner. I've been watching lots of it and dreaming of being on a tropical island. I'm also watching Season 3 of Virgin River on Netflix. Not at the same time. Just in general.

Later I have to watch one session of the DVD lessons that goes along with Forgiving What You Can't Forget. The ladies from my Bible study group are getting together tomorrow night to watch and discuss it. We aren't doing the study, but several of us are reading the book...or plan to.

Work
Is plenty busy right now and about to get worse. My schedule is pretty much at capacity, which is good, but then my sister-in-law who also works for the same agency is going on vacation July 30 - August 6 and I'm going to drive her van route. I don't really want to, but there was a bit of pressure at work. Plus, they are "allowing" me to work more than 29 hours that week since they are desperate. I should have well over 40 hours that week.

Feeling Thankful
Got a bit of good news...there was a letter in with my paystub that announced we got a $2/hour raise effective July 1. Sweet!

I actually get paid for sitting with a client and talking and coloring, for playing games, for walking in the park, and going out to eat. I love this job so far and am thankful for it and the sweet clients and their families.

My Kind of Fun
Saturday I went to an auction with my mom. Summers are normally filled with auctions, yard sales, estate sales, and used book sales. Last year....nada. Up until this weekend this weekend was also nada. I spent a whopping $23 and came home with a large planter on a wooden stand, 2 cute Christmas figures, 2 Fitz & Floyd Easter plates, and a double desk for Colton and Leah. It's one of the ones where the lids are chalkboards that open and the inner sides are dry erase boards. They are also magnetic so you can use the magnetic letters on them. I had a single one when I was little. This is cute and the seats fold up underneath so it hardly takes up any space.

On the Table Tonight
Cheese ravioli and garlic toast with a side salad. 

Happy Monday, y'all!
Have a blessed and happy week!

8 comments:

  1. I am so glad your new job is working out so well for you! Your dinner sounds yummy! I finished Virgin River a week ago. I really like that show and hope another season is coming! Enjoy your perfect weather! It is hot and humid here. July and August are usually the worst for us. Be blessed!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOLY COW - that's a great raise - Congrats!!!!
    Where are you watching Fantasy Island??? I used to love that show- but always be equally freaked out about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like things are going well with your job and life in general. Love the sounds of summer, and that no humidity sounds like heaven to me! I wish we could really enjoy being outside here in the summer, but between the humidity, high heat, bugs and thunderstorms, you just have to seize the moment when it happens and be ready for a plan B always. Very thankful for central AC. Didn't have it growing up, and couldn't live without it now. Have a blessed and wonderful week. It's nice having this chat like friends over the back yard fence.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like things are going well. So glad to hear it. Many blessing. Hope you enjoy the rest of the week. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO happy for you and your job.
    I loved Fantasy Island. We watched it every Saturday night after Love Boat!
    I will have to check it out.
    Your dinner sounds delicious.
    Sunny and warm up here.
    Have a cozy day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll be right over for dinner, lol. I am so happy to hear about your raise and I'll send Liam down to sync your stuff, lol. Have a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so happy you bided your time until this job presented itself. That double desk sounds perfect for Colton and Leah! You'll be sharing pictures, right? 😃

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad you are loving your job. Can't wait to see your purchases and see the kids at their new desks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. Your comments mean a lot to me and I try to answer them as soon as I can.

Moving Day

Hey everyone, I launched my new blog home today. Nothing fancy...just a little more me, I hope. Come visit me! In My Shoes