Anyway...I'm linking up with Rebecca Jo and our two new co-hosts, Leslie and Jennifer for Thankful Thursday.
* for Leslie and Jennifer who have stepped up to help Rebecca Jo out with Thankful Thursdays. Thank you ladies!
* I was able to get in to see my dentist today between the morning and afternoon van runs. I had lost a crown (the one he'd just put on in April) Tuesday evening and still had one of the rods sticking out of the tooth underneath. Fortunately, I was able to save the crown and he cleaned everything up, added an extra rod, and popped it back on in about 15 minutes! The only bad news is that there isn't much tooth underneath, so if it comes off again he won't be able to put it back on. He suggests I start getting implants.
I don't think my insurance will cover it, but may see if they will pay at least a little of it....because as he said, it's my mouth and worth the investment. And he is probably the last dentist on the planet that will let you make payment arrangements and choose how much you can afford to pay each month.
* for my first success with my newest client. I am more than a companion to him. We have actual goals to work toward. He is 26 and lives on his own, but has a ton of support and his family is around all the time. They want him to be able to live independently. One of our goals is to learn to do some cooking, eat healthier, make better choices, and learn about portion control.
He likes to buy a big bag of chips and eat it. Yesterday I took him shopping at Walmart for a microwave popcorn popper since he's comfortable with the microwave. We got some popcorn, some spray butter, and I let him choose his own flavored seasoning. I walked him through making his first batch when we got home and he loved it! Yay! Big win. Low calorie, low fat, high fiber, and he can eat a fairly good sized portion without guilt. I think his family will be pleased.
* the rain has finally stopped for the time being!
* the wonderful bosses I have at work. After my previous boss, I am just so appreciative of these ladies every time I have any interaction with them. Good bosses make such a huge difference it the atmosphere of a place.
* it looks like nice weather for Saturday and Leah's 2nd birthday party. It won't be the blowout that last year's party was, but she is going to be so much fun this year...really into it. It will be a Trolls party. She loves Poppi and all things pink, purple, and glittery!
Well, there is a lot more to be thankful for, but I have to run to see another client for a couple of hours. See you all soon!