August 13, 2021

Saturday 9: Smelly Cat

This is my birthday weekend and I'm going to enjoy a quiet day at home. It's been a while and is much needed. Tomorrow we are driving to Ohio for the Shaker Woods Festival. I'm also joining the gang for the Saturday 9 today. Thanks goes to Crazy Sam for the music and questions!

Saturday 9: Smelly Cat (1995)

Unfamiliar with this song? Hear it here.

 
1) Poor Smelly Cat lives with negligent humans who refuse to take it to the vet. Who is the last doctor you spoke to (vet, MD, dentist, PhD ...)?  For myself, it was the dentist but I spoke to my husband's physician more recently than that.
 
2) This song was introduced during the second season of Friends. Were you a fan of the show?  I enjoyed it, but wasn't a die-hard fan.

3) On the show, the song was performed by Phoebe Buffay (Lisa Kudrow), an amateur folk singer and a professional masseuse. There  was a debate on Reddit about massages -- some loved them because they are relaxing and therapeutic, others think it's "creepy to be undressed and handled by a stranger." How about you? Do you enjoy massages?  I enjoyed the hydro massage tables at the gym, but that doesn't involve anyone else. I have a friend who is a massage therapist. She's worked on my neck and leg but just quickly after our Bible study group was over. I think I probably come down on the side of finding it creepy to be handled by a stranger. 
 
4) During the run of Friends, Phoebe was roommates first with Monica and then with Rachel and finally with her true love, Mike. Tell us about one of your roommates.  I've only had two and they were both in college. The first was Connie and we lived in the same neighborhood at home and had gone to high school together. She was a real odd duck. We'll just leave it at that.
 
5) Phoebe often performed for tips on street corners or at her favorite coffee shop, Central Perk. Where is your favorite place to go for a cup of joe?  I don't drink coffee so I don't have a favorite place.

6) This song was originally called "Smelly Dog," inspired by a pooch named Gouda. The childhood pet of Friends writer Betsy Borns, poor Gouda could have smelled better. Is there an odor you'd prefer to never smell again?  The stench of something that's been dead for a while.
 
7) 35% of American households include a cat. Are there any pets at your house?  Daisy, a toy Poodle.

8) In 1995, the year Phoebe first performed "Smelly Cat," Steve Fossett became the first person to make a solo flight across the Pacific in a hot air balloon. Have you ever ridden in a balloon?  No. It's on my bucket list.

9) Random question: Looking over your romantic history, have you broken more hearts, or had your heart broken more often?  I think it's probably about even, though I've been with my husband since I was 19. I don't know that the relationships before that can really be called "love." So maybe we made each other sad for a bit, but I don't think there were any broken hearts.

27 comments:

  1. My niece shared a 2 BR dorm suite with three other girls. She got along well with two of them but the third was, as you say, "an odd duck." She dropped out after Christmas break and was replaced with another "odd duck." She wondered what the college administration was asking the girls to place them in their suite. "Are you moody? Do you like to wander aimlessly through the suite throughout the night? Are you completely devoid of humor? Have we got a room for you!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! That sounds a lot like my roommate. You never really know a person until you live with them.

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday dear Stacey, Happy Birthday to you!! I hope you have a wonderful time in Ohio today. That sounds lovely. I would LOVe a trip to Ohio and PA one of these days, esp. in the fall. I never watched Friends...I guess I was too old for it when it came on. My answer to #9 would be similar to yours. We also married when I was almost 19...so all my heartbreaks were in high school. We will celebrate 52 years of marriage next week, so I guess we figured it out! LOL. I've been enjoying the massages at my PT, but they aren't full body massages and I am fully dressed. I did have one at a Ladies' Retreat once, but I think I was still fully dressed, so I don't know exactly how it was done, I just remember being completely relaxed and enjoying it. LOL. Have a wonderful birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Pam! You are officially the first person to sing to me this year. :) It would be awesome if you get up this way. I would love to meet you in person! 52 years...WOW! I'd sure say you two got things figured out. Same here. I know there were people who didn't expect us to make it...also those who expected me to pop out a baby less than 9 months after we were married. Some people were sure that was the only reason we got married so quickly. But hey, when you know, you know.

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday, Stacy! I hope this weekend brings you all the love and joy that you bring to others. 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS HBD! Hope you enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. #6 I had a dead mouse under the sink. I think that he ate a sponge I used for washing dishes. I quarter of it was eaten, a few day later I smelled something and it was the mouse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never had that problem. Around here it is usually the dead critters along the road that stink.

      Delete
  6. A hot air balloon ride is not for me. I'm
    afraid of heights.
    Have a good Saturday!

    https://gloriasretiredlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That can be an awful fear. My daughter has a fear of heights and it has kept her from doing a few things she would have liked to do.

      Delete
  7. Hi Stacy.Have a wonderful Birthday! My son-in-law proposed to my oldest daughter in a hot air balloon. It was exciting for her - but hot-air balloons are not for me. I don't like flying in planes either. I am a "feet planted firmly on the ground" kind of girl. I had one fully-clothed massage when my shoulder and neck were hurting so bad and it was wonderful and helped so much. It was at an Asian massage place at our local mall that went out of business. Undressed massages - not for me. I don't drink coffee either. I hope you have a great weekend and enjoy your birthday. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How romantic! I want to go on a balloon ride, but given all the accidents in recent years I want someone very experienced flying the thing! Thanks for the birthday wishes!

      Delete
  8. I'll go with you on that hot air balloon ride!! Happy birthday weekend, Stacy! The big day is tomorrow, I think. The older we get the more important it is to celebrate for at least a week, if not the entire birthday month!! Wish I was going to Ohio with you!! I would have my sister drive up to meet us for the festival!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Someone to go on the balloon with me! Oh, wouldn't it be fun if you were here to go, too? Maybe one of these days.

      Delete
  9. I hope your birthday if great! The annual hot air balloon festival is next weekend and I might try a tethered "ride". To see how to get into the basket. That's my biggest concern is how to get in and out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh geez...I never even thought about that. Now I have to wonder about getting my big butt into the basket. I hope you will let us know how it goes if you try the tethered ride.

      Delete
  10. I think we would be friends in real life if we could see each other. We have so much in common. Loved yrour answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lori! I think we would be friends, too.

      Delete
  11. Happy birthday! I hope you have a great one! And I hope you get to take that balloon ride. It's quite a thrill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You've been on a balloon ride? That's awesome!

      Delete
  12. Happy Birthday Stacy! And MANY more!
    I enjoyed your answers.
    I've photographed a Hot Air Balloon "race" but never been in one. Not sure if I ever want to be in one. I do love helicopters though! They are a GAS to be in.
    Blessings. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Pam! I like riding in helicopters, too!

      Delete
  13. Happy birthday, Stacy! I saw a couple episodes of "Friends" but only because I happened to be at my kids' house watching grandkids back then and they were watching. I didn't care for the show. // Nope to massages... no one touches me except my husband... but I don't even like massages anyway so not even from him lol. (My fibromyalgia has a lot to do with it.) // I don't like coffee. And I have an actual diagnosed hyper-sensitivity to odors/fragrances, so there are many MANY smells I wish I'd never have to be around. // Nope to balloons, nope to being off the ground... hard for me to even climb a ladder by two rungs lol. Have a blessed and fun birthday weekend! ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. Your comments mean a lot to me and I try to answer them as soon as I can.

Moving Day

Hey everyone, I launched my new blog home today. Nothing fancy...just a little more me, I hope. Come visit me! In My Shoes