September 12, 2021

Sunday Stealing: Not Quite 5000 Questions

I'm joining in with the Sunday Stealing crowd again this week since I am at home, having chosen to stay home from church today. I want to go visit my biological father and half-sister next weekend and given the number of texts I received this week asking for prayer for church members who tested positive for Covid, it seemed a prudent choice. By the way, none of those diagnosed have been hospitalized or have serious symptoms (they are also elderly and don't usually attend services so I haven't been exposed), but my father is 82 and has heart issues. I don't even want to take him a cold.


Anyway, on to Sunday Stealing...

Stolen from 5000 questions

1. Who do you take for granted?  I'd like to think the answer is no one, but I'm sure the truth is that I take some things about everyone for granted at times. If there is anything the times we are living in have shown us, it's that tomorrow isn't guaranteed for any of us. Still, I'm sure I don't always consciously appreciate or show appropriate appreciation for things that those closest to me do.

2. Short, knee, or ankle skirts? (if a man, have you ever worn kilts?)  I'd rather not wear skirts or dresses at all, but since I'm attending a church again I'm wearing them a little more (okay, a lot more) often. I usually wear something that falls just below the knee and occasionally an ankle length one. 

3. Do you wear a hat? No. I think hats are great and other women look amazing in them, but I have ALWAYS hated how I look in a hat. I guess the Kentucky Derby is out for me. Boo.

4. Who's your favorite cartoon character?  It's a toss up between Donald Duck and Goofy. If you're asking about my favorite comic strip character...I guess it would be Snoopy, though I used to love Opus from the Bloom County strip back in the 80s. 

5. Does break dancing impress you?  Not really as an art, but I am in awe of anyone who can move that way.

6. Are you a miracle?  Of course...and so are you. Every life is a miracle made in the image of God.

7. Have you ever eaten tofu?  Yes. I can't say I'm a fan. I can tolerate it when it's mixed in or cooked with something else, but I don't really care for it.

8. Does the moon have an effect on your mood?  I've never really noticed it having any effect on my own mood, but when I worked in the dementia unit I definitely noticed the effect it had on the residents. All the behaviors they normally had were multiplied by about 10 when there was a full moon. My theory is that if the moon has an effect on the tides then it probably, most certainly has an effect on people since they say we are something like 75% water.

9. Many people will say that the Harry Potter books are pure fluff with no literary value. Do you agree?  I've never read them as they aren't really the sort of story I'm interested in, but even if they are pure fluff, I'd say they have value in that they inspired thousands, if not millions, of children to read. Besides, I don't think anyone likes to read heavy, serious stuff ALL the time. You need a little lighter reading that's just for entertainment now and then.

10. What are you doing next Wednesday?  Working.

11. Why do so many people think Elvis is still alive?  I don't know. I suppose he was just one of those larger than life figures (like Princess Diana) who's death comes as a shock and feels like a personal loss because of how much they were in our awareness. I guess some people just don't want him to be gone and hold on to the hope that he's alive. Or maybe he's hanging out with Big Foot and Jim Morrison on a UFO and all the naysayers are right?

12. Are your hands cold?  No. It's 80 degrees here today. Ask me in January and they will probably be like ice.
               
13. Have you ever given blood?  Yes, but apparently my blood flows so slowly it's hardly worth their effort. The last time I donated they told me not to bother unless there was a shortage of my type. Leave it to me to get rejected by the blood bank.

14. What SCI-fi books do you read?  I loved the Dragon Riders of Pern series when I was a teen, but I very rarely read any sci-fi as an adult. It's just not my thing.

15. Have you ever belonged to a sorority or a fraternity?
  Yes, I am a member of Kappa Delta Sorority.

19 comments:

  1. I wish I was a hat person. I even bought a sun hat this year thinking I would get used to having it on. Turns out I wasn't in the sun enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only times I wear hats are a Santa hat at Christmas and a knit hat when I'm shoveling snow.

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed your answers. Praying your Sunday and remainder of the week is easy and sweet.
    Blessings. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bloom County is back - Berkley puts it up on Facebook now. He hasn't done a new strip in a bit but for a time he was doing one almost every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the info! I'll have to check that out.

      Delete
  4. That is so interesting about the full moon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, but not when you work in the dementia unit. Finding out you were scheduled to work on the full moon was not good news. Those were the nights the absolute worst stuff happened.

      Delete
  5. Hi Stacy - once again we would have very similar answers on many of these questions. I usually wear knee-length or ankle-length skirts to church. Charly and I both enjoyed Bloom County a few years back, and I have only read the first Harry Potter. Just not my thing. Same with Sci-Fi although I was a big fan of the original Star Trek shows (with Captain James T. Kirk) when I was much younger (junior high probably). Fun post. I hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a fan of the original Star Trek, too. I loved sci-fi when I was young. I don't know why I don't really enjoy it now.

      Delete
  6. Your a sorority girl? Wait, I think I knew that, lol. I loved the Harry Potter books and have all of them. I hope you have a beautiful week, my friend. smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. Hanging my head in appropriate shame. lol

      Delete
  7. I may have laughed out loud thinking about Elvis hanging out with Big Foot!! That is awesome. I'm visiting from Sunday Stealing! Enjoyed your answers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! It makes me happy when I can make someone laugh.

      Delete
  8. We all agree that life is a miracle of God. Yes. Fun questions. Wishing you a good week ahead, Stacy! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did all agree. I thought that was pretty cool.

      Delete
  9. I laughed out loud at your getting rejected in the blood bank…you are quite a writer…

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was the way you wrote it not that you were rejected…

    ReplyDelete
  11. #8 - Who knew that the moon can affect people so much?

    #13 - I wish that had happened to me.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. Your comments mean a lot to me and I try to answer them as soon as I can.

Moving Day

Hey everyone, I launched my new blog home today. Nothing fancy...just a little more me, I hope. Come visit me! In My Shoes