December 31, 2021

Saturday 9: The Promise of a New Day

Saturday 9: The Promise of a New Day (1991)

Hello and happy new year! This is my first post since before Christmas. I feel like I've been gone for ages and ages. How is everyone? Were your Christmases wonderful? I do hope they were. I also hope and pray that your new year is filled with blessings and joy beyond compare.

Now, with thanks to Sam @ Saturday 9 for the music and questions, let's get on with the show!


Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
 
 
Welcome to the first Saturday 9 of 2022.

1) In this song, Paula Abdul celebrates the promise of a new day. Here at Saturday 9, we're celebrating the promise of a new year. What do you hope 2022 will bring?  An end to the pandemic and lives put on hold...an end to all the hatred and division along political, racial, and vaccine lines...health and unspeakable joy for all my family and friends.
 
2) She sings that we should see the wisdom from mistakes of the past. What wisdom did you gain in 2021?  Life is lived and ends in the blink of an eye, so appreciate every minute, let go of the crap, forgive more, and love more.
 
3) What is something you'd like to spend more time doing in 2022?  Eating better and exercising.
 
4) Paula Abdul was once a "Laker Girl" and performed at L.A. Laker games. Do you have a favorite NBA team?  Nope
 
5) In 2009, she hosted RAH!, an elite cheer leading competition.  Do you remember any cheers from your school years?  A couple. One from when I was a midget cheerleader and some from high school pep rallies.

6) While famous for performing, Paula has arguably been more successful for her work behind the scenes, winning an Emmy for her choreography. Are you comfortable being the center of attention? Or would you rather work behind the scenes?  It totally depends on the situation and what's going on, what I'm doing, and who is paying attention. I'd be okay in some situations, but not in a lot more.
 
7) She taught actor Val Kilmer how to dance for his role as Jim Morrison in the biopic The Doors. What talent, knowledge or advice have you recently shared?  Earlier this week a small group of women from the church met to discuss what we can do as a church to meet the needs of seniors who are alone and/or isolated. We all shared ideas and experiences.

8) Paula was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis in 2005 and uses a prescription biologic every day to help her cope with pain in her toes. On your last trip to the drug store, did you pick up a prescription, or something else?  The last trip? Tim got a sample of some new CBD capsules and I got fuzzy socks.

9) Random question: You have been house-hunting for months. You finally find your dream home and are just about to say "yes" when you spot a mouse scurrying across the floor. Would you take the house anyway?  I would probably ask a few more questions and have it checked out. As long as the walls are full of them I'd probably still buy the house. There are ways to take care of the mice.

11 comments:

  1. Happy new year, Stacy! I loved your answers - especially 1 & 2!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stacy! Hope you had a good Christmas and a very Happy New Year. See you again soon. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. #8 made me smile. CBD capsules and fuzzy socks. You two are an eclectic couple, aren't you? :) Happy New Year and welcome back to the blogosphere!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That #7 intrigues me, because my mother-in-law attends a church that pays no attention to her whatsoever. Doesn't call if she doesn't show up, never checks on her. It irritates me that she donates all of this money to an organization that doesn't care if she lives or dies so long as she sends in a monthly check. I think they should have some kind of wellness check thing going for the older folks (or anyone who wants on the list). Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fuzzy socks! What a treat.

    I hope Tim has some success with the CBD capsules. My stepmum has had a lot of pain releif from a CBD lotion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your response to #2, Stacy! I definitely need a remedial course in forgiveness. Please let us know how the CBD is working for Tim!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your answer to #7. I wish more churches would do that. What I see from churches for the elderly is what Anita described.
    I used to have some CBD oil, I loved it. It helped me with stress, just made me more calm. I gave it to my mom for her pain and it did help her. I need to get some more. Loved your answers. Have a nice weekend and Happy New Year 2022! ♥

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. So nice to hear from you. Hope your Christmas was filled with joy and wonder! Glad to see your church addressing the needs of the elderly. Our church is almost 95% elderly, and it is challenging to meet their needs, since most of us are "elderly" too. Just less "elderly" than others. LOL. Forgiveness...one of those things we are always having to learn and relearn in life as things happen and we have to choose to either forgive or keep fighting. I prefer to forgive and keep moving forward. I hope you have a wonderfully blessed New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I so agree with you on question 1. I so want an end to this Covid and our lives to get back to "normal."

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. Your comments mean a lot to me and I try to answer them as soon as I can.

Moving Day

Hey everyone, I launched my new blog home today. Nothing fancy...just a little more me, I hope. Come visit me! In My Shoes