January 13, 2022

Thankful Thursday

Good morning! It's time once again for Thankful Thursday and I am linking up with Rebecca Jo @ Knit By God's Hand. Life has been pretty good around here and there is much to be thankful for, so let's get to the list!

This week I am thankful...

** neither the snow or the rain lasted very long and both yesterday and today we enjoyed fairly mild weather for this time of year. I'm enjoying it while it lasts because a blast of cold arctic air is heading this way again.

** for mugs of steaming hot cinnamon tea with French vanilla creamer.

** my Bible study group ended a 10 year run on a high note last night. We met to share our words for the year, the accompanying scriptures, and pray for the Lord's blessings on the new year and all of us as we begin a new season in our spiritual lives.

** the new stove is a dream to cook on and in. All the burners work! The oven heats up quickly! And the temperature seems to be spot on. And it just looks so much better than the old one.

** I've started to use Goodreads again. I am determined to read more (and be online less) and keep track of it this year.

** Tim was off all of this past weekend and got in some good Pappy time with Colton and Leah. Saturday we had them all morning. We played games until they got hungry, had lunch at Eat 'n' Park, and finally took them to Goodwill and let them each choose one "new" toy to keep at our house. They love doing that.

I went to church on Sunday, but Colton came over to hang out with Pappy and they had a grand time playing games. Megan and Leah came over after I got home and I made pierogies and kielbasa for everyone. Comfort food on a cold, rainy day was just right.

** The pain in Tim's side continues to be gone.

** I attended my first annual business meeting at the church. It was like no church meeting I've ever been to. Information was communicated and accepted. Not a single argument or endless round and round discussion about anything!

** the church, though small, has been blessed and every ministry came in under budget for 2021. Between that and some gifts the general account doubled in size.

** our pastor is an amazing, godly man. Someone did ask why he didn't receive a raise and the answer...he was offered one and refused it because he and his family just don't need more. Wow.

** for Jasper's increasing cuddliness...though it can be annoying when I am trying to type or read as he is not happy unless he is draped across my chest or making biscuits on me, purring loudly all the while.

Not so much for his new discovery that he can jump up to places he has no business being. 

A funny story. The other morning I was rushing around, getting ready to leave for work and I switched on the bedroom light to find something...only to find no lights. Was the power out? A quick check around the house proved that wasn't the case. A tripped breaker? Nope. Then it dawned on me. I pulled the light chain on the ceiling fan and we had light. The little stinker had apparently jumped up and pulled the chain!

** for my cozy home, fuzzy socks, and flannel pj's now that winter has arrived with it's cold temperatures and howling winds.

** for my family, my relationship with the Lord, and all that he blesses us with.

** of course, for all of you!

13 comments:

  1. Hi Stacy. Sounds like you had a good week with a lot to be thankful for. Stay warm in all that cold weather. Have a good weekend. See you again soon. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Jaspar stories! Reminds me of the evening when I was home alone, having dinner in the dining room. The light in my kitchen, behind me and over my shoulder, suddenly clicked on. I was terrified! Had the Manson Family reunited and snuck in? No, my Connie Cat had jumped onto the kitchen counter and discovered the light switch. Little stinker indeed!

    I'm glad the pain in Tim's side continues to be gone. I had kidney stones. I do not recommend them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hot, steaming tea. Yum! When I'm not chuggin' coffee I'm kinda hooked on the Peppermint Tea available through Celestial Seasonings. My husband adds Half And Half, like the Brit's. I can't bring myself to do that.
    I hope your husband is healed now and feeling healthy.
    I giggled at Jasper "making biscuits" and turning the light off! He's so funny.
    Hope your day is blessed and happy. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Celestial Seasonings peppermint tea. It's the best when you have a cold or feel one coming on. It's very soothing to the throat and sinuses. I never used to add creamer, but the French vanilla just adds a nice flavor to some of my teas. Pumpkin spice creamer isn't bad in the fall, either.

      Delete
  4. So wonderful. I am so glad you are enjoying your new church home. That is really a blessing. They sound like a very good group, dedicated to the Lord and His children. That does my heart good to hear. Also love that your Bible Study has been together for 10 years. That is amazing! All of your blessings are things to be thankful for. Even Jasper. So sweet. Someone warm and fuzzy to love. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The church is wonderful, the first church (looking back) I've ever been in that is truly lined up with the Lord's teachings. From what I hear it wasn't always so, Pastor Kirt has really been training all the leadership and it has spread. :)
      Yes, 10 years was a long run for a Bible study group and it was a good one. We are all more like family, but our teacher is exhausted and feels she has taught all she can, that everyone (other than me, all were babies in the faith when we started) needs to learn to live the life without her propping them up. She and her husband both were really encouraging them to get involved in churches now. Several of them talked to me about mine so maybe the church will benefit with new attenders. That would be awesome!
      Yes, Jasper and Daisy are my warm, fuzzy, cuddle buddies. I'd be lost without them.

      Delete
  5. So glad Tim's pain is staying away!!!
    MMM... I've never added creamer to tea... i need to try that - i've been trying to drink more tea lately.
    oh wow - 10 years of bible study - I'm sure you all will miss one another

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Stacy, glad to hear Tim is feeling better. I am glad you have found a church that you really like. I have been at my church 29 years. We have small lifegroups at our church. I will be teaching Bible journaling at mine next week. Our theme will be related to snow. We don't get it here were we live but I know you do! I want to read more too this year. Have you read Redeeming Love?

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is so great that you have the grandkids right next door and get such good quality time with them! Too funny about the cat pulling the fan light! Stinker. I am thankful to live in Florida where I don't need fuzzy socks and warm clothing! A sweater is usually all that's needed and only in the mornings. Stay warm! Happy Thursday! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely all things to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello! Glad to hear things are going well. Stay safe this weekend. We are supposed to get a storm!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. Your comments mean a lot to me and I try to answer them as soon as I can.

Moving Day

Hey everyone, I launched my new blog home today. Nothing fancy...just a little more me, I hope. Come visit me! In My Shoes