February 17, 2022

Likes & Dislikes #2

Things I like...  

  • listening to the wind prowl around the house, knocking at the windows looking for a way in
  • getting lost in a book so good it makes you forget the world around you
  • watching dance mash ups on You Tube
  • a house full of plants
  • watching old cartoons from my childhood
  • going somewhere with no agenda and discovering all its hidden treasures.
  • antiques
  • mid-century modern
  • new journals, planners, pens, and stickers
  • getting to hunt for treasure in thrift shops and flea markets to my heart's content
  • singing silly songs in the car with one of my clients
  • swimming in a pool
  • sitting by the ocean
And things I don't...
  • sandpaper kitty kisses
  • being guilted or shamed
  • scary movies
  • liver, tripe, and pretty much any organ meat
  • being bored
  • the current rate of inflation
  • a little, tiny rock in my shoe
  • shoes that suck my sock off
  • undecorating after Christmas
  • packing for trips
  • that one hair that gets in your eye or your mouth and you cannot get hold of it and get rid of it
  • stinkbugs

6 comments:

  1. Yes, I pretty agree with everything - your likes and dislikes. I have a lot of plants in my home too. Always have. Also love getting lost in a good book. Hope you have a great weekend filled with many good memories. See you again soon. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaking of that one loose hair ... I had one of those get in my eye when I was riding yesterday. Talk about annoying!! I had to stop the motorbike and root around for that thing on my face. *lol*
    Blessings. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you ever shopped Thredup.com? It's more expensive than Goodwill, but the clothes are consistently very high quality. It's my favorite site to tool around and window shop, and I like everything I've purchased there. (It's only clothes, though. No vases, baskets or frames, which I like buying second hand, too.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm forever saving stinkbugs & it drives everyone nuts. They're fun to pick up - they grip your hand LOL
    I love a book that you just fall into that world. the best!!!!
    Give me new journals & pens every day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of going somewhere with no agenda. Thrifting, too! Singing in the car with your clients? What a fab job you discovered!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to love going to thrift shops and antique shops, etc., etc., but now my house looks like one and I should just hang a sign on the door and say come and get it! LOL. Well, maybe not quite that bad, but I know I don't need another thing, and yet I still can't resist a sweet little cup and saucer or teapot or some vintage linen or some other thing that reminds me of "home". Old books...don't let me get near them...I have too many already. I do love to read old books, but it's been a while. I tend to read in seasons...and this hasn't been one of them lately. But it will come back I am sure. I love that you get to sing silly songs with your clients. That is so sweet. And yes, going somewhere with no agenda is a lovely thought. Being retired is kind of like that...every day. LOL. Except my hubby likes to have an agenda and keep a tight schedule...much to my chagrin sometimes, but he does keep me on task that way. Otherwise...who knows when I'd get anything done??? Okay, you've brought out these thoughts...thanks. I enjoyed reading yours and thinking about mine. Have a blessed day my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. Your comments mean a lot to me and I try to answer them as soon as I can.

Moving Day

Hey everyone, I launched my new blog home today. Nothing fancy...just a little more me, I hope. Come visit me! In My Shoes