February 26, 2022

Saturday 9: Cruella de Vil

I think we all need something a little fun right now with all that's going on in the world, so I'm linking up with the Saturday 9.

Saturday 9: Cruella de Vil (1961)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) In the original animated 101 Dalmations, this song is written by Roger, who gets his best ideas at the piano. Where do you feel most creative?  At my desk surrounded by my books, music, and all my favorite things.
 
2) His piano is tucked away in a crowded attic. Does your home have an attic? If so, what do you keep up there?  No attic. If we had one it would be full of seasonal decorations and all the sentimental things I can't part with.
 
3) The inspiration for this song is his wife's old school chum, the very wealthy and very mean Cruella de Vil. Have you ever found you couldn't stand one of your spouse's or lover's friends?  Unfortunately, yes, but only once.
  
4) Make no mistake, Cruella is a very bad lady. The American Film Institute named her #38 on their 100 Greatest Villains list. Tell us another nasty movie character who comes to mind.  The Sheriff of Nottingham in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves. The late Alan Rickman was brilliant in the role.


5) Cruella wanted to skin sweet little Dalmation puppies and make a coat. (We told you she was bad.) As winter wears on, could you use a new coat (though
 not 
one made from puppy fur!)?  No, I have several. 

6) This song was written by Mel Leven, who did both words and music. Do you think you'd be more successful as a lyricist (words) or composer (music)?  A lyricist. I have zero musical talent.

7) 1961 was a big year for Disney. In addition to this animated movie, they had a hit with The Parent Trap, about twins who are reunited at summer camp. Approx. 1 in every 250 births results in twins. Are there any twins in your family?  My mother's younger sisters.

8) Also in 1961, IBM introduced the Selectric typewriter. Amazon and Walmart both still sell typewriters. Do you own one?  You know, I'm not sure. My old electric one might be stored somewhere. Oh, wait! I do have a big black antique one that I bought in a junk shop for $20...just for decoration and inspiration.

9) Random question: When is the last time you took a nap?  Friday afternoon. The cold, rainy day seemed to demand it.

**I started this blog very quickly in response to my old one freezing up. It has never really been what I wanted. It's just been a space. Keep your eyes open in the near future for my new blog home. I'm working on it and trying to make it what I've been wanting.

8 comments:

  1. #8 I remember at work when they bought IBM Selectric typewriters they were a wonder of the time, watching that ball dance around was amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks now I am singing Cruella DeVille. LOL (The one from the Disney movie)--hope you have a beautiful day, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When the finances allow I like to decorate and upgrade things at our house, so, I guess I can feel creative anywhere at any time.
    I remember I wanted a Selectric typewriter SO BAD. I bought a used one in the 80's. It had two font heads (remember those?). Had it for a long time. Now it's gone. It was such a nice machine. I have a more modern typewriter in the closet. I do miss using it sometimes.
    You've made a new blog? How exciting! I thought about making a new one that featured only my family genealogy work but haven't done it. Lazy, I guess.
    Blessings. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will you be staying with Blogger. I use to blog at my website. I have over 300 pages there. My blog goes back to 2002. I go there to get things for the Memes here. The website allowed me to be more creative. But bloggers use to BLogger did not understand inline frames. It is called Susan's Garden of Friendship. Have a great weekend Stacy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A new blog. Sounds exciting. I hope you finally get it to be what you want. A big black antique typewriter for inspiration. I like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I miss Alan Rickman!

    I'm intrigued by your new blog--you'll have to explain all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Stacy, how exciting you are changing your blog. I cannot wait to see it. I have not had the energy to do that for many years. I used to have my own domain year ago. I will look forward to your blog. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I quote that bit about calling off Christmas ALL THE TIME! What a villainous villain he was!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. Your comments mean a lot to me and I try to answer them as soon as I can.

Moving Day

Hey everyone, I launched my new blog home today. Nothing fancy...just a little more me, I hope. Come visit me! In My Shoes