March 14, 2020

Sunday Stealing: Sleepy Rambles

We'll I'm still not locked down in the nursing home, so I'm joining in with Bev and the rest of the "thieves" for Sunday Stealing.

Stolen from Sleepy Ramble

1. What is the wallpaper on your computer screen? Why did you choose it?  It is randomly changing landscapes from all over the world chosen for my viewing pleasure by Microsoft. They are nearly always breathtaking.

2. Who is the person you text the most in your life? What relation are you?  It's either my friend, Fran, or my daughter.

3.Is there carpet or hardwood floor in your bedroom?  Carpet and it's overdue to be replaced.

4. Do you believe in superstitious things such as breaking a mirror?  Not at all.

5. Do you like those ‘end of the world,’ ‘Armageddon’ movies?  Some of them are very good, but others are not. I don't generally choose them to watch, my husband does. If it's a good one then I'm happily surprised.

6. Chocolate or strawberry birthday cake? Choose one.  Chocolate, please?

7. Do you eat more vegetables or fruits?  Veggies.  What’s your favorite fruit/veggie?  Apples and Brussels sprouts.

8. Does the dentist calm you or does it tend to stress you out?  I wouldn't say going to the dentist calms me, but we have a very good one right now and it doesn't stress me to go see him. The bill, on the other hand, can cause some stress.

9. If you had to choose, which is the worst movie you’ve ever seen?  I don't even know where to begin. My husband loves all the shoot'em up and gangster movies that are terribly violent. The majority of them are in the running for that "honor."

10. Have you ever found yourself talking to an inanimate object?  I'm sure I have. I tend to talk to myself a lot and that's just another manifestation of it.

11. Do you like movies that are originally based on children’s books?  Sometimes. 

12. Is your hair more thick or thin?  Thick.  Is it more curly or straight?  It's very curly, but I am straightening it again these days.

13. Something on the human body that grosses you out the most:  things that grow on it that aren't supposed to be there.

14. What is your favorite color of apple? Red, green or yellow?  I like the ones that are kind of a blend of red and yellow like Galas and Honey Crisps.

15. Do you hardly ever remember where you put things at?  Is it just me or was that an incredibly, awkwardly worded question? To answer it, it happens once in a while, but not often enough to make me question my sanity.

16. Do you ever lay in the grass and look up at the sky, just because?  Not any time in recent memory. With my bad knee I'd need a crane to get back up.

17. Are you a controversial person?  I suppose that depends on whose company I'm in.  Do your views oppose others?  Again, it depends on who the others are. We all have views that oppose someone at some point.


18. Have you ever thrown a surprise party for someone?  Yes.  Who for?  My parents on their 25th anniversary and it was almost a surprise for me...they arrived a bit late and had been toying with not coming to the event they thought they'd been invited to.

19. What would you say your average word per minute time is on the keyboard?  I have no idea, but it's not as fast as it used to be. I make more mistakes than I did when I was younger.

20. Do you like fiction or non-fiction books more?  Fiction.  What’s your favorite?  My all-time favorite is Little Women.

21. Do you know how to play pool?  Yes.  Are you any good at it?  I used to be, but it's been a long time since I've played.

22. The most painful medical procedure you’ve ever had?  It isn't exactly a procedure, but the anesthesia I was given for my colonoscopy felt like acid in my veins. They truly had to hold me down until it knocked me out because I was yelling and clawing at my arms. I've come to learn that's not an unheard of reaction to that particular anesthesia. It could have been worse, though. The last image some people see is a "ring of fire" making them think they are falling through the gates of hell.

23. Are you someone who tends to take a whole lot of naps?  No, but I probably should. I never get enough sleep.

24. Have you ever been pulled over by the cops for speeding?  Nope.

25. Is anyone in your family a firefighter? Who is it anyway?  No firefighters.

17 comments:

  1. Interesting answers. It's always fun to get to know you better. Have a good Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. #22 Wow. I’ve had 3 colonoscopies. Thankfully I didn’t experience that. I need to have one this year. Do you know what the anesthesia was called? Chances are you’ll have another colonoscopy and I’d want to make sure a different anesthesia is used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked what you said about things growing on the human body being gross - great answer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked your answers, smiles. I sure hope you don't get quarantined at work, grrr...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do enjoy these because we get to know each other better... Yikes about that anesthesia!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm squeamish when it comes to medical matters so I didn't read your answer to 22 - apart from "acid in my veins" accidentally, which pushed my Squeam Button and made me cringe.

    Sorry ...

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yikes on the colonoscopy. And yes, that was a terribly worded question.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew someone else would "appreciate" the horribleness of it.

      Delete
  8. I totally agree with you on #17...it really does depend on your company.
    The anesthesia information was so interesting. I am sorry you went through that, I am sure it was scary. The gates of hell would be even more scary I agree! Loved your answers! Have a nice day!

    http://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just glad it didn't last very long. It took a bit longer to go under than the older anesthesia, but still only 20 to 30 seconds. I suppose it's worth the trade off of waking up feeling refreshed rather than drugged and groggy for hours.

      Delete
  9. Wow! I've had lots of anesthesia in my life and hope I never have an experience like you described in #22. Do you know what king it was so you can refuse it next time? Gosh. Fun questions this week and I agree that #15 sounds a bit awkward. Have a good week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  10. #15 -- I too hate sentences that end with "at." I should have rewritten it, but posted it as I stole it. And I loved #16--I understand that completely, though I know it's "lie" on the grass, not "lay" on the grass.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG! Like you and Bev, I loathe sentences ending with "at." Even the newscasters do it. (And, "Where are you going to?")
    The 'ring of fire' thing? That sounds a lot like one of my Bible study pals experienced and the nurses kept saying it was all in her head. Now I will never ever succumb to another colonoscopy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. and to think, Michael Jackson took propofol every night, just to sleep. Shudder!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. Your comments mean a lot to me and I try to answer them as soon as I can.

Moving Day

Hey everyone, I launched my new blog home today. Nothing fancy...just a little more me, I hope. Come visit me! In My Shoes