March 9, 2020

The Light at the End of the Tunnel?

Up early and raring to go this morning. It's going to be an interesting day. 


Change this to YEARS and it's me.
Reason number one is that I've got 3 people coming to give me estimates on finishing the bathroom. After 3 years, Tim has finally given in and admitted that with his knees and the time he spends at work and/or traveling to and from work that he just isn't up to finishing the tile work. 

This morning I have a woman coming. She may or may not be bringing her little girl with her. I'm not sure she has ever done tile work professionally, but has done a lot in her own home. I'm a bit nervous about her, but she was the first to respond to my queries on a local Facebook group.

The two men are coming this evening after they get off work. They might be here at the same time. Won't that be interesting if they are? They both work in construction.

If none of these pan out, I have at least 18 more recommendations in the group to call. I just wish Tim was going to be here since he knows more about this than I do.

Reason number two is that they're having a "town hall" meeting at work today. I'm off, but there's no way I'm going to miss this so it's where I'll be spending my afternoon. They are supposedly going to answer all our questions and finally tell us what is going on.

That'd be great because on Friday the Director of Nursing turned in her resignation, they gave a coworker such a crappy option if she wants to keep her job I'm pretty sure she'll quit, and another nurse walked out. We were so short staffed that when I left at 8:00, my coworker was alone on the dementia unit. Not good and not fair...to her or the residents. Thankfully, it was a quiet evening and most of the residents were in bed by the time I left.

So other than that...

Currently

I am...

Reading...Sisters (Sun Valley series, book 1). This is a kindle freebie, but it's actually pretty good. I've been enjoying the characters and learning about Sun Valley, Idaho...a place I know next to nothing about.

Listening to...the furnace running and the Poodle snoring.

Loving...that it seems a little more like Spring every day.

Thinking...a lot about work and if I'm going to be there much longer. It's all going to hinge on how the activities department gets restructured. I don't want to go back to full time and I don't want to work outside of dementia and I definitely don't want to get stuck with all afternoon shifts.

Feeling...pretty good. We had a nice weekend and got a lot of small, odd jobs done around the house.

Celebrating...life's small pleasures.

Grateful for...the increased energy that comes with nicer weather and more sunshine.

Weather...already around 50 degrees with a high in the low 60s predicted and sunny.

Enjoying...the push to do all kinds of little tweaks and projects around the house that Spring brings.

A quote I want to share...



12 comments:

  1. We have a powwow with the VNA service this afternoon that supplies the nursing staff to my mil. My husband is on the verge of firing them.

    Oh, I can't wait to hear more about the tile person who you will hire, smiles. Have a great day friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would you believe only one out of the three who scheduled to meet bothered to show up? So, how did your meeting go?

      Delete
  2. Great quote!! Hope all things work out well for you at your job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cathy. The company is in really bad financial shape. They think they can bring it back from the brink but it's a one day at a time situation.

      Delete
  3. Praying for leading on your job. Maybe you can start putting out feelers & just see if God comes through on any of them.
    Yep - that quote reminds me of what Andy Stanley talks about - do for one what you wish you could do for many.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I am at least keeping my eyes open for another job. I think I'm okay for now, but it depends on what happens with my schedule.

      Delete
  4. Did you create that first meme? Adorable. Well, I certainly needed to see that last quote. Wishing I could set fire to our yard and start over from scratch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't! Someone out there knows my pain! LOL

      Delete
  5. Hi Stacy, I sure hope you get the answers you need about your job situation. I hope you get a good price for your tile work too! I want to get some quotes to have my kitchen cabinets painted. I painted several rooms in my home and have 2 more to do this year. My hubby hates painting. I hope your week goes well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, no answers really, but at least we know what's going on and why. No clue what the future will hold. I hope you have better luck getting quotes than I did. Of the 3 people who made appointments to come look at the bathroom, only one bothered to show up. I liked him so I hope he gives me a good price. Plus, he thinks he could get the tile done in one day..this week! My hubby doesn't like to paint, either. Never has.

      Delete
  6. Sure hope they gave you some answers today! Do please keep us posted when you can! Don't forget to tell us about your new tile person too!! Yippee!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We didn't really get any answers about the future today, but at least we know what's been going on and why. As for tilers, only one of the three who were to come look bothered to show up. I really liked him, though, so I hope he gives me a good price.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. Your comments mean a lot to me and I try to answer them as soon as I can.

Moving Day

Hey everyone, I launched my new blog home today. Nothing fancy...just a little more me, I hope. Come visit me! In My Shoes