March 4, 2020

Wednesday Giggles

A lot of today's giggles are sadly true and inspired by where I work...the memory care (dementia) unit of a nursing home. It's usually a laugh so you don't cry mentality there, but it's extra stressful right now because the home is trying to make a financial recovery from poor management and possibly embezzlement (they don't actually tell us everything). On Monday they swooped in and terminated approximately 30 employees including several in management. Now everyone is on pins and needles as department heads try to figure out how to restructure their departments with less people and still get the job done. Just a fun time all around, ya know?


I see this all too often. Visits mean the world to residents. Even
dementia residents who may not remember who you are. They still
like to get visits from people who pay attention to them.

It's hard to see Grandma that way, but it's harder to be her.

This is true this week, anyway.

Truth.

All the time.



It does happen.

The unspoken truth.

I see this phenomenon in the staff all the time.

Been there. Freak out every time.


It's good to be involved in your loved one's care. It's not good to
correct everything the aides and nurses do or act like your loved one
is the only resident in the whole place who needs care.



Me for the last 3 weeks and apparently for the foreseeable future.



How they can make you feel.


Absolute truth.


Yeah, pants are often optional with them.

Yes! The look we get when a resident is happy and shares
something from their lives (even if it is something from years ago.

And a few giggles to get us away from such a heavy topic.





Seriously, don't you think there were trust issues after the mountain?



Yes, you are!










Yesssss!


4 comments:

  1. Oh my! Thank you for the laughs. My favorite is the plumber. hahaha And yes, I would think Isaac must have had a lot of questions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those first set of memes should be shown at the home's new-employee orientation! My favorite is the Isaac expression … sharing with Pastor Janet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the giggles!! Seriously!! Thanks for the giggles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet every single one of those dementia ones & nursing home take on a whole new meaning to you now!!!
    that shoe on the head made me snort

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. Your comments mean a lot to me and I try to answer them as soon as I can.

Moving Day

Hey everyone, I launched my new blog home today. Nothing fancy...just a little more me, I hope. Come visit me! In My Shoes