April 6, 2020

E Is for Everyday Life

Our everyday lives may look and feel a bit different than they did just 2 or 3 short weeks ago, but we have continued on and we are finding new ways to do the everyday. 

Currently

I am...

Reading...still working on The Last Odyssey by James Rollins.

Listening to...the last few minutes of Good Morning America and my husband's snoring. The lack of structure has our schedules out of whack. We stay up late and sleep in. Why not? It's not like we have anywhere to go.

Loving...my new Polaroid Zip printer that prints 2"x3" photos right from my phone. When I got my new Memory Planner from the Happy Planner people, it had a little note that the spaces in it were sized just right for pictures printed from the Zip. I found a great deal on Amazon and found film at Target. The printer finally came on Friday. I charged it on Saturday and downloaded the app to my phone yesterday and printed 3 photos for my planner spread. It is so slick!

Thinking...that while I don't feel the need to learn a new language, write a novel, or anything like that while sheltering at home...I do need to make an effort to be a LOT more physically active starting today. If I don't, I'm going to gain a lot of weight before we get out of this thing.

Feeling...unambitious. There is something about this whole time that feels a bit like vacation and it feels okay not to have a lot of grand plans, to sleep a lot, eat lots of delicious comfort foods (hey, lot's of time to cook), and watch all the shows and movies we've been meaning to get around to.

Celebrating...Holy Week. 

Grateful for...all the little things that feel normal...cooking, walking the dog, working in the yard.

Weather...very sunny and cold this morning, but the temperature should rise to the low 60's this afternoon.

Enjoying...these days with my husband when he isn't totally focused on work.

A quote I want to share...




18 comments:

  1. I'm enjoying reading right now. Especially since my hubby is reading a lot right now, which means the TV is off more so then I can read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was doing a lot more reading before we discovered "Longmire" on Netflix. The good news...only 3 more episodes to go.

      Delete
  2. Great way to combine the A-Z challenge and 'Currently'! I can SO identify with your feeling un-ambitious. Current status: I'm not sure what's scarier at this point -- taking my temperature or weighing myself." (Borrowed from FB)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the truth! I do not want to get on a scale any time soon. So much temptation and so little to do for distraction.

      Delete
  3. Hi Patti. I love posts like this. Sounds like you are doing OK. I am not as productive as I am wanting to be either, but I need to really get going today. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deb. I hope you had the productive day you were wanting.

      Delete
  4. I enjoyed your blog - found you through the A to Z Challenge. I also like the colors and design - it's very cheery! I like the way that you talked about your everyday life, covering the many aspects and giving updates. I'll be back to read more! https://www.dianeweidenbenner.com/environment/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome and thanks for the kind words! I'll look forward to future visits. :)

      Delete
  5. Is there a way to follow-up through email? When new posts go live?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I laugh at the things people say to do - these crazy lofty things... I'm doing good to take a shower every day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? I loved the meme I shared on FB about having just shaken chip crumbs out of my bra so it's safe to say I'm not going to do any of those lofty things. lol

      Delete
  7. I get you on the unambitious thing. All I do every day is hang out with dead people! (Yes, I'm doing genealogy research). I had been wanting some extra time to do some more research. I got my wish.

    Blessings,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my daughter-in-law is also working on genealogy with her time off.

      Delete
  8. For me, the everyday is different, yet every day is somehow the same. That juxtaposition throws me for a loop every time I think about it. I, too, am grateful for the things that feel normal!

    Happy A to Z!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, right now with both of us at home every day is very much the same except for minor differences.

      Delete
  9. Joe and I are getting our days and nights mixed up now too. We went to bed last night at nearly 2:00 a.m. and find ourselves getting up at 10:00 or even later. Not good but there is nothing to set an alarm for... I have been keeping up with my physical therapy exercises and stretches. My back/hip is doing better. They scheduled me to come back on April 27th. I may not need them!! We are sitting too much and eating too much, that's for sure. I think most of us are in the same boat! Stay tough!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everyone talks about having more time, but for me it's just a normal day since I don't work or usually have anywhere to go. I do feel very out-of-it and lazy though. And stressed because I am so worried about my sister who works with COVID-19 patients at the hospital where she is employed. But trying to stay strong and plan for things I am going to do after this whole thing is over.

    ReplyDelete
  11. well...ain't that something...I swear I commented yesterday. It was like 55* yesterday; bright and sunny. Not overly warm, but pleasant. We sat out on the front porch, sat in the backyard, bbq'ed (and no, he didn't burn it this time, lol), went for a little walk, some neighbors stopped by (safe distancing, of course)...it was just a nice day.

    Hope you have a beautiful day friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. Your comments mean a lot to me and I try to answer them as soon as I can.

Moving Day

Hey everyone, I launched my new blog home today. Nothing fancy...just a little more me, I hope. Come visit me! In My Shoes