June 29, 2020

Monday Morning Musings (Currently...)

Currently in Latrobe...

The weather...is humid with a high of 85* predicted. It's going to get worse as the week goes on. No rain in the forecast for several days.

I'm feeling...groggy. Slept like the dead last night and I don't think I moved all night. I woke up in the same position that I went to sleep in. My left leg isn't thanking me for that. It's aching like crazy. Napped here on the sofa since I woke up very early...had a very irritating dream...renting a beach house for a family vacation...with all the extended family I really wouldn't want to do that with...and then couldn't keep people (the general public) out of the house...everyone coming in to use bathrooms, the bar, the house, etc...police came and everyone left...police left and everyone came back. Yep, VERY irritating dream!

I'm processing...my visit with my father and his wife. I'm going to Walmart to see what I can do about the photos in a little while. Maybe later today I'll have something to post about that?

I'm still wondering...where we stand with our son and his family. I messaged him that I was home from meeting my father. He said he was glad. I asked if his family's vacation was still on for this Saturday. He said yes. I asked if I was still getting the dog while they were gone. He said no. His wife's sister will check on it and the reptiles (I had forgotten about them!). That was it. So, yeah, still wondering. Tim's a little irked, said he wondered if our son would have even bothered to tell me about the dog if I hadn't asked. I don't know, but I hope he would have.

I'm reading...finished Louisiana .Longshot by Jana DeLeon and am now reading Sorry I Missed You by Suzy Krause.

I'm listening...to The Willie, a chain of country music radio stations Tim found that plays country from the 80's and 90's. I didn't realize I liked so much country from then! They also play a good bit of even older stuff, too.

Thinking about...job hunting. I really need to get on the ball with that. Though I fear that about the time I find a new job we will end up being shut down again due to the virus. Sigh.

In the garden...I will probably harvest the first squash and zucchini this week. More green tomatoes. A few little green peppers starting. Blossoms on the cucumbers, but not seeing any signs of fruit yet.

Celebrating...the 4th just like everyone else, I suppose. I'm not sure how since this year is so out of whack and all the community things (parade, carnival, fireworks) are cancelled and our son's family will be away. Probably just a small picnic with Mom, John, and Megan's family. It would be awesome if the pool was set up, but still nothing from the installer.

Things that are making me laugh or think...(Sorry there's a lot.)

Adding pumpkins to shopping list.



Cue Hawaii Five-0 Music!



Best election year pick-up line.



Sometimes truth is funnier than fiction.



I'd pay to see that!



I've been afraid of this since watching a movie 
at Wallops Island in 2008.



No independent thinking allowed!



Truth. Especially today.



When you question why a loving God 
would allow you to suffer...



Follow the right leader.



Okay, bad....but funny as heck!



Look! Is that a shooting star? A comet?
A satellite crashing back to earth?
Ooooh, maybe it's Jesus!



 Just when they told you it was safe
to go back to the beach...



I want an Oompa Loompa and
I want an Oompa Loompa
N-ooooooow!




Seriously. I'm up for it.




Another reason we're probably safe.




Something tells me this is going to be a
thing when they discover how to time travel.



Oooo...I want one! I'll love it and pet it
and it will be my squishy. And if anyone
I don't like disappears...it had nothing
to do with the squigers!



Sarcastic and smart!





Pretty sure the theme of 2020 is going to be,
"Hold my beer and watch this!"


Truth.




Seems like it a lot of the time.




Pretty sure that's how some pets see it.



Um, yeah.




Ah, the good old days.
(It should roll of the top, by the way.)




I can't let it go for that.
Could you do a peaceful protest?



SPLAT!




Just because it's punny!


7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the laughs. My dog is like that cat! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOL'ed at so many of these!!! That slide one - yep - feels just like that.
    Hopefully your son will pull it together a little bit - I know that's frustrating.
    I enjoy & also hate those DEEP sleeps like that. love to sleep the night through but I'm with you - my body aches from staying in one place so long

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL-ing all over the place on these memes! Need to commit that Deuteronomy 31 to memory.
    'Darn!' about your son's (non)communication; are your momma spidey-senses going all agog? I never even thought about your father having a wife! Guess I just presumed he was divorced or widowed. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures and hearing more; at least, that which you're comfortable sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We need to laugh at something and you gave us some good chuckles!! Hoping the pool installer calls tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you get your pool soon. I love sitting in my spa. I hope things will be better for you and your son. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all your funny sayings...that had me going. Thank you for sharing those with us. I don't get out much, so those were all pretty new to me! LOL. Praying your visit went well. Will be anxious to hear about it when you are ready to talk about it! (((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Most all of them made me laugh!! Enjoyed visiting today.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. Your comments mean a lot to me and I try to answer them as soon as I can.

Moving Day

Hey everyone, I launched my new blog home today. Nothing fancy...just a little more me, I hope. Come visit me! In My Shoes