October 29, 2020

A Rainy Thankful Thursday

Meh. In case you haven't noticed, I'm playing with my blog look. I've been trying to use the backgrounds from Cutest Blog on the Block, but as you can see...something just isn't right. Linda, we have to talk!

Blog woes aside, things are going okay around here. I've spent the last two mornings at our daughter's home. Yesterday she called begging me in desperation to come watch the kiddos so she could get some sleep following Colton's third night of not sleeping. Today the furnace guy was supposed to be there at any moment and she couldn't find their checkbook and couldn't ask her husband because he works nights and was asleep. I ran over with my checkbook to save the day....and waited for quite a while. Then, as it turned out, he didn't charge them for today because they are getting a new furnace as soon as it comes in. That was really nice of him and item number one on today's Thankful Thursday list! 

Other things to be thankful for include:

I don't have to cook today. Megan has invited us to dinner.

Tim gets the catheter removed tomorrow morning at his follow up appointment. He's doing very well so hopefully the news will be all good. Keep it in prayers for him, please? Because in a conversation we had the other day, it sounded very much to me like without the doctor actually saying the "c" word, that might be what we are dealing with. I told Tim that he'd better flat out ask even though the doctor said this procedure should take care of everything. I think we need to know. I can't believe he didn't ask to begin with! But then, he disagrees about needing to know the answer. He is going to ask, though.

Two rainy fall days in a row. We needed the rain and what's cozier than holing up inside on a cold rainy day?

Lots and lots of time with the grands this week.

I haven't gotten the cold the grands have.

Pumpkin spice hot chocolate. Yes, it's a thing. Swiss Miss makes it.

Werther's caramel apple and pumpkin spice caramels.

In spite of my last two thankfuls, I've lost 4 pounds since starting back on Adipex on Saturday. The Adipex also comes with the wonderful bonuses of making me feel more energetic and lifting the brain fog.

My Bible study group got together for the first time in a couple of weeks. Even though a few people were missing, it was so amazing to fellowship with them and boy did we have some interesting discussion on the 4 living creatures found in Ezekiel.

And, of course, all of you!

16 comments:

  1. What's wrong with the blog? Very pretty. Sent ya an email. smiles

    Keeping Tim and you in prayer. smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To me the sides look like their under a translucent film. Does it look like that to you? Plus there's like a wider space at the header that's a little less translucent.

      Delete
  2. I like your blog look. I've been wanting to change mine too. But no go yet.

    Praying all goes well for your hubby tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ... but did she find the checkbook? (LOL) Wish my grands were still small and enjoyed having me around (*sigh*). Prayers for Tim's follow-up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea if she did or not. We make the most of having these two next door...especially now that we can't see the other two because...you know...snowflakes. Thanks for the prayers.

      Delete
  4. A great thankful list! Glad the repairman didn't charge for his visit. Nice to have your daughter invite you to dinner! Yay! Do please keep us posted about Tim's appointment. Praying!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will let you all know. Thanks for the prayers.

      Delete
  5. Your blog looks *fine.* Easy to read, not too busy.

    You're right -- it's better to know what's going on with Tim and earlier the better. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi. Great list of things to be grateful for. I would love to be able to spend time with my grandchildren. What is Apidex? Is it a prescription? I am off to check it out. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Adipex is a prescription diet med. It's a class 4 controlled substance. I lost a little over 30 lbs the last time I was on it. I changed doctors and the new one won't prescribe it. I had to go to a weight loss doctor to get on it again. It was past time. I'd put the weight back on during this whole stay at home business.

      Delete
  7. Praying everything goes good for Tim.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praying everything turns out okay for your hubby! That is nice that you get together with your Bible study group. My group is doing a craft tomorrow. Today I caught up with my Bible reading and tried to stay off the computer. It is nice that you can be there for your daughter. Family is so important. My family got together for my hubby's birthday on Sunday and I posted pictures on the Wednesday Hodgepodge. Have a nice Friday! Oh and send some rain are way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. ALL LOAN SERVICES AVAILABLE

    Commercial Loans
    Personal Loans
    Business Loans
    Investments Loans
    Development Loans
    Acquisition Loans
    Construction loans
    Business Loans And many More:

    Contact Us At : urbansuccessfundings@gmail.com

    LOAN APPLICATION FORM:

    Full Name:................
    Loan Amount Needed:.
    Purpose of loan:.......
    Loan Duration:..
    Gender:.............
    Marital status:....
    Location:..........
    Home Address:..
    City:............
    Country:......
    Phone:..........
    Mobile / Cell:....
    Occupation:......
    Monthly Income:....
    Website You Heard About Us?......

    Contact Us At : urbansuccessfundings@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. Your comments mean a lot to me and I try to answer them as soon as I can.

Moving Day

Hey everyone, I launched my new blog home today. Nothing fancy...just a little more me, I hope. Come visit me! In My Shoes