October 8, 2020

So Much Good Stuff!


Thankful Thursday is technically on hold for the month, but I love sharing some thanks. I meant to add a few to each post, but forgot so I'm playing catch up today.

I am thankful for...

(my continuing list)

17. Beautiful autumn weather and the beginning of the leaves changing. I am hoping they will be more fully changed as we drive north this weekend.

18. A fun day with my mom last Saturday. We don't do enough of that and I think she needs it since her husband's health is not great and he never wants to do much and she is entering that phase of her friends are passing away.

19. The kids need a new furnace...and Mom offered to buy it before they even asked for a loan.

20. Pumpkin-flavored everything, though I do wish there was canned pumpkin in the stores so I could make more pumpkin-flavored things.

21. A big stack of books to get me through the next several months.

22. The books for the class on medical office assisting finally shipped and should arrive in the next day or two. I can't wait to get started!

23. The ladies in my Bible study group. They are always there to love, support, encourage, and laugh with. Good friends are a treasure.

24. All the precious friends I have made through blogging over the last 19 years and the memories I have of the ones who have left this world.

25. The forecast is for nice weather this weekend. Good news since we are to have a bonfire at my biological father's Saturday evening.

26. My half-sister is also going to be at our father's this weekend. So excited to see her again! She is the one I have the strongest bond with. I'm excited for her to meet Tim and Megan and her family, too.

27. I forgot about the debate between Pence and Harris last night. (Yes, after the presidential debate I am VERY thankful about that.) So tell me, did I miss anything?

28. For my new doo and color. Awesome how much that can pick you up! If you didn't catch it on Facebook, here it is.



29. Of course, I am always, always thankful for each one of you!


Have a blessed and happy Thursday!

10 comments:

  1. Love your new hairdo and color...so pretty. Hope you have a wonderful time this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your new do, no, you didn't miss anything about the debate. I hope you have a great weekend, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new color, Stacy! You're so right about good friends being a treasure. I'm probably in the same boat lane as your mom. Lots of stuff Tom's either unable or unwilling to do ... it's not that much fun to do by oneself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure you heard - but the big thing of the debate - THE FLY! LOL ... I think we all needed a break & a chuckle
    I think the new name for Thankful Thursday should be that - SO MUCH GOOD STUFF! :) Cute.
    I just had the best pumpkin coffee this week. A friend made it for me. I'm not a big PSL person - but he makes the BEST coffee. It was delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your new hair!
    Enjoyed your Thankfuls today.
    Have a cozy evening!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I heard you say or someone else say before that there was a shortage of the canned pumpkin in the stores, so I bought two big cans yesterday while they still had some. I also bought a Mrs. Smith's pumpkin pie and baked it because it was also on sale, but it wasn't nearly as good as homemade. Glad I bought the cans while they were available! LOL. Love your hair! And I hope you have a great time this weekend with your family. That bonfire sounds awesome too. The debate was maddening. The fly brought some comic relief, even though VP Pence didn't even seem to know it was in his hair. I found myself wanting to tell a certain woman to shut up and quit lying, but that wasn't nice so I will just be quiet. Sorry. You may not want to approve my comment now. LOL. I enjoyed your post, as I always do. Take care and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. #28 Loved it on FB and again here! #29 thankful for you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your hair looks terrific! And a bonfire that sounds like such a great way to celebrate fall.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Stacy - your hair looks great! I love this gratitude list. I agree with you that last night's debate was much better than the presidential debate. Hope you have a good weekend and a nice visit with your sister. So nice you are able to spend quality time with your mom. It's really nice you are able to help your kids with the new furnace. See you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like your new haircut! Doesn't it feel great when it is all done. I went shorter and am letting the natural curl have it's say. Enjoy your bonfire!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. Your comments mean a lot to me and I try to answer them as soon as I can.

Moving Day

Hey everyone, I launched my new blog home today. Nothing fancy...just a little more me, I hope. Come visit me! In My Shoes