February 19, 2021

February Blog Daily - 19

Click Here for prompts.


What are the most important characteristics in a friend? Do you have those qualities?

  • The "it" factor. That mystical thing that lets us recognize a kindred spirit.
  • Honesty/trust. Don't be fake and don't lie to me.
  • Loyalty. If you are talking smack about me behind my back, you're no friend. If you are letting others talk about me to you and not stopping them, you're no friend.
  • Gives as well as takes. Don't always just take from me (emotionally, spiritually, physically) without giving back something once in a while. In other words, don't use me.
  • Be available. What good is a friend who is always too busy for you?
I hope I am all of those things. I try to be. I'm sure I fail at times. Being human, we all do. But I do really try to be all of those things as best as I can.

 

8 comments:

  1. I like your list. I guess I've never really sat down and thought about what makes a good friend. But I believe that people I consider my friend have most of those characteristics.

    Hope you have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a friend that became a friend after just one small exchange of conversation. I knew the minute I met her that we would be friends. That doesn't happen very often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good list to live by.
    Many moons ago, in my salad days, I would listen to a talk radio program by Dr. Laura (Schlesinger) during my lunch hour. She was, or is, a psychiatrist and most times gave such good advice. I learned from her how harmful it is to gossip about others. Now I make a conscience effort to never do that to anyone, no matter how tempting. It's cowardly and cruel. Definitely displeasing to God.
    Hope y'all can stay warm. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I appreciate this so much. Having a true and loyal friend is not something to be taken lightly. they are very hard to come by, especially when you have been a pastor's wife for most of your life. It is very hard to find a true friend you can trust. I feel like I have better friends here in blogland, maybe because we can be ourselves without having to reveal all the imperfections and just be me, take it or leave it. I am pretty choosey about who I will "follow' here as well. If there is no real "kindred spirit" or common ground I tend to not follow them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list! Wish I'd been given that as soon as I learned to read.
    #1 particularly resonates, on account my BFF and I have little-to-nothing in common. Seriously. If I were to say it's blue, she'd swear it was green.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes to all. smiles. Have a beautiful day friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great list of a true friend. Finding a good friend is such a wonderful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The last bullet point is everything to me. I know we all have demands on our time, but I want to know that I'm a priority to my friends. After all, they are a priority to me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. Your comments mean a lot to me and I try to answer them as soon as I can.

Moving Day

Hey everyone, I launched my new blog home today. Nothing fancy...just a little more me, I hope. Come visit me! In My Shoes