September 6, 2021

Currently...

The weather is absolutely gorgeous! Sunny and 75 degrees with a nice breeze. Tim and I went to the annual craft fair at the Westmoreland County Fairgrounds. 180 vendors were claimed to be there. I didn't count. 

We had a nice time. I spent, way too much on a couple of fall decorations, a fishing Santa figure for my collection, and some yummies from Pampered Chef. We both picked out a sort of windmill/sculpture thingy for the yard (it's unfinished metal so we can paint it how we want) and Tim finally listened to all of us who have been begging him, and talked to a man who seemed very knowledgeable about CBD oil. He ended up getting a bottle with a pretty high concentrate to try. I'll let you know how it works. We also enjoyed yummy bowls of mac 'n' cheese with barbecue pulled pork, coleslaw, scallions, and french fried onions. Soooo good!

I'm listening to/watching a marathon of Arnold Schwarzenegger movies that Tim has on. We've seen Commando and now Collateral Damage is on. Our tastes in movies do not match up, but if we watched my picks Tim would be asleep within minutes.

I'm reading the same book I have been, Forgiving What You Can't Forget. I haven't chosen my next just-fun book yet.

I'm praying that Colton's runny nose is just a runny nose, a cold, or allergies. He is really not feeling too well, but no fever. Megan felt sure it was just allergies or a cold, but she ran into Colton's teacher today and she said that while they are quite strict about wearing masks in his class, Covid is spreading in the school. He was also around his other grandfather the day he came home from the hospital. Hopefully, he didn't pick up something there and bring it home and pass it on.

I'm feeling thankful Tim had agreed to go to the small group kick-off with me last night. I signed up to go to the one meeting at the pastor's home. I thought it would be a good chance for Tim to meet the man and some others and see how different these folks are from our previous experiences with churches. 

Unfortunately, not all of the groups could start this week so they postponed it until next week. I'm hoping Tim will still be willing to go and that maybe it will lead to him coming to church with me. Life can be a bit difficult at times when you aren't both on the same page concerning God and church.

I'm cooking absolutely nothing at the moment, but later Tim is going to grill a couple of T-bones I picked up and I will toss a salad and fry some potatoes and onions. That's as close as we're getting to an end of summer cookout.

I'm celebrating the arrival of fall, fall colors, and pumpkin-spice flavored everything! Yes, I am aware that the true first day of fall isn't until the 22nd. I don't care. Fall is my favorite season and I shall enjoy a full 3 months of it. As far as I am concerned, fall begins when the kids go back to school. I got the house decorated inside this weekend and tomorrow I will put a few decorations outside.

I'm laughing at

Must pet all the doggies!!




Once you see it, you can't unsee it.


Truth.


You'd think, but Tim works with a guy who's wife had the wrong
leg taken off. I am like, ask me 1000 questions, write all over
me with marker (they do that)...whatever it takes to get it right!


Saves on groceries.


Tim tells me no more pets all the time so I 
find this really funny.


Oops!

It's UPS and FedEx. Seriously.


Press conferences will never be the same.


Reallllly hoping this is photoshopped. 


If even Jesus is worried it's time to head to higher ground.


Nothing, Mr. Freeman, that's worth mentioning.


Pretty much.

 

7 comments:

  1. Oh--I hope Colton's not seriously sick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure hope Colton only has the sniffles. Keep us posted, please. I enjoyed your post and am jealous of that craft market you and Tim went to at the fairgrounds. Wow! Have a good week! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for Colton, hoping it's only the normal kid stuff sniffles/cold. Loved those cartoons. Praying for your hubby to enjoy meeting the pastor and that he will be interested in participating with you. Glad you got to do some fun stuff this weekend, and the T Bone supper sounds great. Our grill is shot, so we had salisbury steaks cooked in the skillet in gravy on mashed potatoes. That's what they guys wanted, and it was good enough for me too. Especially since they cleaned up. Now I am hearing someone in the neighborhood shooting off fireworks. Good grief! Good Night!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to go to craft fairs/shows, it's so much fun to walk around and look at everything. Sure hope Colton gets to feeling better, covid is so bad here, I am concerned for my grands since school started. Prayers for Colton!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your craft fair sounds PERFECT, Stacy! I'd love to do something like that, but need to find a like-minded soul. Tom's no longer up for all the walking. Please, let us know if the CBD oil makes a difference! These memes are some of the best I've seen...thanks for the giggles. Prayers for Colton!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your weather sounds PERFECT! I'm jealous

    ReplyDelete
  7. {{{Grin}}} I won't even go there about Walter, LOLOLOL. Have a great day friend. smiles

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. Your comments mean a lot to me and I try to answer them as soon as I can.

Moving Day

Hey everyone, I launched my new blog home today. Nothing fancy...just a little more me, I hope. Come visit me! In My Shoes